Guest Tempus

The new EAM and private/public network

Guest Tempus

Hi

This is a proposal to implement a function in the forthcoming newly merged EAM, that allow the user to quickly shift between private or public network when needed . I believe that not all users know how to shift between private/public network through the Windows settings. It could be implemented/ found under settings or even better , in the menu when you right click on the Emsisoft icon .

Best regards

Tempus

It is, of course, possible in EAM/EIS already, but the feature is.... well hidden, at: Protection - Firewall - Manage Networks - and then you click on the displayed in-use adapter...   I'd certainly welcome an easier way to do this!  Arguably though, once firewall functions are removed from EAM/EIS, it might not be "appropriate", especially for those users who choose to use other firewalls.

Guest Tempus

Hi 

Every third month ( more or less) I have to travel for some days, and it that regard I bring my laptop with me in connection with my work. Sometimes I am in areas where I use the free network, and here it would be convenient for me , if I had the possibility to jump from private to public network e.g. by rightclicking the Emsisoft Icon and ask it to shift the firewall mode.  I see it as a feature that would help the Emsisoft user to maintain the best use of the windows firewall all the time.  You could rightfully call such a feature, a " service function" , but a useful one I think . 

Thank you  for your time =)

Best regards

Tempus