stapp

CLOSED Beta 12 build 7904

Recommended Posts

Win 7 64 bit via autoupdater.

Beta is running very smoothly so far. Malware scans and context menu scan both work well.

It took 20 minutes before my laptop autoupdated after boot (debug logs below)

For some reason Forensics show that I deleted the Application rule for Opera before the beta update (I didn't touch it, I promise, I didn't even open my browser either!!) see screenshot.

I will have to follow this up, but when looking at a log in GUI, eg. updates, I went to Forensics and it refreshed with info on a scan I had done. The auto refresh knocked me back to the updates log.

But overall at this early stage all is running well :)

EDIT.. no issues with an autoupdate to Win 10 pro 64bit.

 

 

7904.PNG
Download Image

a2service_20170825062028(924).zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 0:05 AM, stapp said:

Win 7 64 bit via autoupdater.

Beta is running very smoothly so far. Malware scans and context menu scan both work well.

It took 20 minutes before my laptop autoupdated after boot (debug logs below)

For some reason Forensics show that I deleted the Application rule for Opera before the beta update (I didn't touch it, I promise, I didn't even open my browser either!!) see screenshot.

I will have to follow this up, but when looking at a log in GUI, eg. updates, I went to Forensics and it refreshed with info on a scan I had done. The auto refresh knocked me back to the updates log.

But overall at this early stage all is running well :)

EDIT.. no issues with an autoupdate to Win 10 pro 64bit.

 

 

7904.PNG
Download Image
Download Image

a2service_20170825062028(924).zip

Did opera happen to auto-update before eam deleted the application rule?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@m0unds

I hadn't been online with Opera or any other browser at that point. I had only been  on the Desktop and EAM GUI.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stapp said:

@m0unds

I hadn't been online with Opera or any other browser at that point. I had only been  on the Desktop and EAM GUI.

 

I was asking because if Opera is like Chrome or Firefox or lots of other browsers, it has a silent automatic update process that launches when the machine starts, and can update the browser regardless of whether you're actively using it. The folder hierarchy reminds me of Chrome (version # in the path) and it would make sense if it had updated, and the version change removed the old folder, causing EAM to remove the rule because it no longer applies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firefox here does not auto update independently of having it running.  The main FF task notifies me that an update is available if I wish to have it downloaded.  There IS another task used to perform the update and restart FF, but it only does that when I choose it.  (maybe there's an option somewherre in FF that dictates how this happens?)

Chrome - I'd thought that it did work the way you say - a year or two ago that did seem to be the case.  But last time I started it, it was quite a long way out of date which suggests that for whatever reason there isn't/wasn't on my machine a started-at-boot lets-update-Chrome task there either.  Hmm, I just looked at Services; there are two Google update tasks, but neither is running.  It's a pity that Windows doesn't show when they last ran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Firefox here does not auto update independently of having it running.  The main FF task notifies me that an update is available if I wish to have it downloaded.  There IS another task used to perform the update and restart FF, but it only does that when I choose it.  (maybe there's an option somewherre in FF that dictates how this happens?)

Chrome - I'd thought that it did work the way you say - a year or two ago that did seem to be the case.  But last time I started it, it was quite a long way out of date which suggests that for whatever reason there isn't/wasn't on my machine a started-at-boot lets-update-Chrome task there either.  Hmm, I just looked at Services; there are two Google update tasks, but neither is running.  It's a pity that Windows doesn't show when they last ran.

yea, there must be a setting because I only have FF for testing and it's always up-to-date on launch. in task scheduler on my system (win10), it shows next run/last run and last exec status (successful, etc) - last execution in my case coincided w/system boot. looks like the task parameters for one are "at logon" and "at 19:09 daily", second task fires at 19:09 and executes hourly for one day then stops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, FF's choices for this are in Tools - Options - Advanced - Update; I have 'Check for updates' selected.   You've presumably got 'Automatically install' selected?  Is that not potentially disruptive of whatever you're doing in the browser at the time? 

Your at 19:09 (every day) and hourly for a day scheduled task will run at hh:09 every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's keep on topic here guys ( betas) and not get too deeply into the browser updating thing.

Thanks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.