Emsi protection indicators

Hi i want to know if emsi haves some indicator in the main interface who says if everything are ok or not.. I see some security products who dont work well but says "you are protected", for example if some feature work bad if i install another software or  if i reinstall emsi  Emsi says me if are everything ok or not?

One example of this issues are in avast they say "you are protected but some shields stops", same case whith norton

Include Windows sometimes says you dont have installed AV or updated av in security center when you have an AV.

In addition to the screenshot that Minimalist posted, our System Tray/Notification Area icon also changes colors to indicate protection status.

Also note in Minimalist's screenshot that you can see which guards are not active (in his example the Surf Protection is turned off).

Update status can be displayed the same way, with yellow status being shown if Emsisoft Anti-Malware is out of date by more than 24 hours.

The protection status shows whether the Guards are on or off.

If you're concerned that the Surf Protection may not be working despite the fact that it is turned on, then you can test that by creating a custom Host Rule to block a normally safe website, then open a web browser and try to visit that website and see if it gets blocked.

Here's how to manually add a Host Rule to block a website:

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Click on Protection.
  3. Click on Surf Protection in the menu at the top.
  4. Click Add new rule below the list of websites.
  5. Enter the address of the website in the top field.
  6. Change the Implemented action to Block and notify.
  7. Click OK when finished to save the rule.

If you need an example of a safe website that can be blocked, then you can use the following:

www.gt500.org

Once you're done testing, make sure to delete the custom Host Rule, so that the website can be accessed again if needed.