Dziki_Jam

Where can I find more information about viruses EEK found?

Latest check with EEK has discovered a couple of trojans on my PC.

• Trojan.Generic.KDV.756029 (B) [krnl.xmd]
  • Trojan.Generic.19911079 (B) [krnl.xmd]

I've tried to Google some information about them but haven't found anything.

Could you please tell me what virus KB Emsisoft Emergency Kit refers to or where I can find the information regarding those trojans? Thanks in advance.

The "(B)" in those detection messages means it was the BitDefender engine within EAM that detected them.   Emsisift support have said previously that they don't have a list of what the names assigned by BitDefender's code actually mean.  If you are googling for clues, don't bother with the "(B)" part of the message.   

On 8/31/2017 at 2:02 PM, Dziki_Jam said:

Latest check with EEK has discovered a couple of trojans on my PC.

• Trojan.Generic.KDV.756029 (B) [krnl.xmd]
  • Trojan.Generic.19911079 (B) [krnl.xmd]

I've tried to Google some information about them but haven't found anything.

Could you please tell me what virus KB Emsisoft Emergency Kit refers to or where I can find the information regarding those trojans? Thanks in advance.

They're heuristic detections (thus the word "generic" in the names). You won't find information about them. What you'd need to do is upload the detected file to VirusTotal, and see if you can find any more information about it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GT500 said:

They're heuristic detections (thus the word "generic" in the names). You won't find information about them. What you'd need to do is upload the detected file to VirusTotal, and see if you can find any more information about it.

Thanks. That is the most useful reply, although I still don't understand why those detected treats have an id that doesn't really identify them. How do those ids are generated?

@stapp - it doesn't show it now - and I don't quite see how that can be - but I think there was a new post that someone-else had appended to the older one.  I replied to the newest post.  Something hoghlighted this thread as 'recently updated' or I wouldn't have read it.

Can people delete posts?

17 hours ago, Dziki_Jam said:

Thanks. That is the most useful reply, although I still don't understand why those detected treats have an id that doesn't really identify them. How do those ids are generated?

Those are from the BitDefender scan engine. It's more than likely a way for them to identify what signature caused their engine to detect it, however I don't know that for certain.

11 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Can people delete posts?

I can. ;)

18 hours ago, stapp said:

Guys the original post you are replying to was from August last year :)

A spammer dug up an old topic. I flagged their account, and then replied to the topic since the opening post was a product support question that hadn't received an official response.