plat1098

Firewall Fortification

Hello everyone  :)  Have EAM on an alternate machine so not using this too much and noticed the upcoming firewall fortification in EAM--where would be its location in interface?  Will this pretty much eliminate the "need" for third party firewall enhancements or do some still recommend their use?   Emsisoft AntiMalware version 2017.x with Windows 10 64 bit/15063.540  Just using Windows Firewall with a few custom rules. 

I have searched for similar, basic questions before posting and read the latest blog on the subject.    

Thanks!

plat

All the feature does is restrict which applications can access the Windows Firewall. It's not a replacement for any third-party frontends. The function is part of the behaviour blocker and doesn't have a dedicated UI. You can find the option to allow or block applications from accessing your Windows Firewall in the application rules.

3 hours ago, Fabian Wosar said:

All the feature does is restrict which applications can access the Windows Firewall. It's not a replacement for any third-party frontends

No, there was never an idea this feature would have its own interface (lol) but you said it will be in the application rules section. That's what I wanted to know.  Can I request an upcoming, more detailed blog on this feature?    

Many thanks for info,

plat

There's no difference in effectiveness. The only change that they made between 7 and 8/10 is the support for Metro Apps and App containers. But 7 doesn't need that since it doesn't have them.

Do you know if this new feature will cause any conflicts with AppGuard or HitmanPro.Allert which I am currently using with EIS.

5 hours ago, G11 said:

Do you know if this new feature will cause any conflicts with AppGuard or HitmanPro.Allert which I am currently using with EIS.

It shouldn't cause any new problems with those programs.

• Like 1