MJmusicguy

A little about concerned about the switch to EAM

Some  a little concerned about the merger at first i was really skeptical but with the firewall fortification feature being highlighted and enhanced that makes me feel better but though i consider myself a moderate to advanced user i have no idea how to effectively secure windows firewall on my own nor do i feel like navigating such a task so can we have something that allows EAM to configure and secure the  windows firewall with best practices and rules automatically  ?

1 hour ago, MJmusicguy said:

Some  a little concerned about the merger at first i was really skeptical but with the firewall fortification feature being highlighted and enhanced that makes me feel better but though i consider myself a moderate to advanced user i have no idea how to effectively secure windows firewall on my own nor do i feel like navigating such a task so can we have something that allows EAM to configure and secure the  windows firewall with best practices and rules automatically  ?

Hello,

You don't have to secure Windows Firewall yourself, our new feature (Firewall Fortification) will do it automatically for you.

By default, Windows Firewall create rules automatically (or ask the user authorization for some inbound connections), Firewall Fortification will only block malicious attempts to modify them.

Firewall Fortification won't touch Windows Firewall rules, it will not create new rules or remove them.

If before, you used Emsisoft Internet Security with default settings , you won't feel much differences with the new Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

3 hours ago, MJmusicguy said:

oh fantastic next question should i enable windows firewall now or wait until roll out of the merger ?

It will be automatically enabled when EIS is converted to EAM.