sdalgl72

Update issues

sdalgl72    1

My EAM has been trying to update all day and has finally purchased a failure log this is the first time its happened to me.

General Information:

Version 2017.8.0.7904
Update started: 10/09/2017 12:51:21
Update ended: 01/01/1970
Time elapsed: 12:51:21

Unknown update error

Detailed Information:

41 modules, 17586852 bytes
a2hosts.dat (3542 bytes) - not updated
a2trust.dat (481 bytes) - not updated
a2wl.dat (288 bytes) - not updated
Signatures\BD\e_spyw.i00 (7238 bytes) - not updated

Cister    1

Hello,

Just to say that I had the same error three times in a year. I made a reboot and everyting was OK after that.

• Like 1

Maximal    0

I had such a problem yesterday. The update was initialized but could not be completed. After the computer restart the update has been successful but no log.

Edit:

Just now the problem has been repeated. The update was initialized but after 12 minutes it was still not finished.

GT500    369

Let's try getting a diagnostic log. Please download the Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool from the following link, and open/run it:
http://cdn.emsisoft.com/EmsiDiagTool.exe

When it runs, Windows will ask you if want to allow it to make changes to your computer. Please be sure to click 'Yes', as this grants the tool the administrative rights it needs to be able to collect some of the diagnostic information. The tool will not make any permanent changes to your computer.

After the Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool runs, simply click "Next" at the bottom, and it will begin collecting diagnostic information and saving it to a log file on your Desktop.

Note that the tool can take a few minutes to finish, and it will appear to freeze for about a minute or two while running traceroutes to our update servers.

When the Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool is finished, simply click 'Close' at the bottom, and there will be a file named "EmsisoftDiagLog". When you reply to my message, simply attach the "EmsisoftDiagLog" file to your reply.

GT500    369

I don't see any problems in the log. Your computer can connect to our update servers, and they are responding correctly.

If you open Emsisoft Anti-Malware, click on Settings in the menu at the top, click on Privacy in the menu at the top, turn off the option to use SSL for server communication, then select Updates from the menu at the top, and click on the Update now button on the right side does the update process work OK?

JeremyNicoll    18

@GT500 - very much a side issue here, I realise, but I notice from the screenshot of the Forensic log above that the lowest entry shown: 'Update feed' has been changed to '1' isn't very meaningful to users.  I think it (and any similar log messages) needs the user-setting-value ('Stable' in this case?) added to it.

GT500    369
9 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

@GT500 - very much a side issue here, I realise, but I notice from the screenshot of the Forensic log above that the lowest entry shown: 'Update feed' has been changed to '1' isn't very meaningful to users.  I think it (and any similar log messages) needs the user-setting-value ('Stable' in this case?) added to it.

Reported. ;)

11 hours ago, sdalgl72 said:

I wish I hadn't uninstalled it now and reinstalled it but the logging doesn't seem to be working properly anymore if it is updating

Try opening Emsisoft Anti-Malware, going to Settings in the menu at the top, click on the Factory defaults button near the upper-right, select Clear all logs and reset counters from the list, and click OK.

You may need to restart your computer after doing that. Since you're on Windows 10 please be sure to restart by right-clicking on the Start button, going to Shut down or sign out, and selecting Restart from the list.