Hello, I just got an Emsisoft license, my question is if I need to create an account on the Emsisoft site to register my license, or if it's just just typing it into the program? And if I need to format my computer, just type the license again or do I need to create an account?

You don't need an account on the website; you just copy & paste the licence code into the application.  Keep the details in case you need them again.

• Like 2

You can create an account to register your license, however this is not required to use our software. Activating our software only requires that you enter your license key into the software when asked.

Claudiano, I always use notepad or something like that to save all my licenses on. Then I copy those records to a smaller USB drive

I still highly recommended to create a account and register your license into it ,

registered your license with your account , can make sure your license never disappear or forget .

That is not a smart way to save your license by notepad or save in your local machine ,

if there have one day your HDD or machine fault , you have to take a lot of time to save it back .

11 hours ago, KevinYu0504 said:

That is not a smart way to save your license by notepad or save in your local machine ,

if there have one day your HDD or machine fault , you have to take a lot of time to save it back .

That's what backups are for. ;)

Or encrypt the text file and send it to a cloud server (my method)  ;)

Guest Tempus

Hi

1. I would follow the advice from KevinYu0504 and create an Emsisoft user account as first choice.
  2. Or you can use a password manager, they have secure encrypted notes, and some of the password mangers are free.
  3. Or do as Umbra writes....
  4. or
20 hours ago, BradVH said:

Claudiano, I always use notepad or something like that to save all my licenses on. Then I copy those records to a smaller USB drive

If you absolutely have to store your license information using notepad, which is a bad idea security wise,  then at least split your license number  in two or more text files... and do a backup of those files on a encrypted  usb stick.

Regards

Tempus