cacc

Updating EEK takes ages

Everytime I update EEK, it takes ages to do so. For such a small program, it's quite strange. Can please work on it to make it update faster?

If it's been a few days or even weeks since your last EEK update it will download and install the whole database. Also I don't think it uses as many server points as EAM and EIS (I may be wrong there)

If it's been more than a day since the last time you updated EEK, then downloading a fresh copy of it, extracting it over the copy you have installed, and then updating it will be faster than waiting for EEK to redownload the entire database.

5 hours ago, GT500 said:

If it's been more than a day since the last time you updated EEK, then downloading a fresh copy of it, extracting it over the copy you have installed, and then updating it will be faster than waiting for EEK to redownload the entire database.

Doesn't work for beta builds :(

13 hours ago, stapp said:

Doesn't work for beta builds :(

Well, you still shouldn't have to redownload the entire database, but obviously it will need to update program files in addition to database files order to install the beta, so the benefit would not be as significant.