Cranfield

Blue shield appeared.

A large blue Emisoft shield has suddenly appeared at the left side of my toolbar (Win 7).

The Emisoft small green shield is still on the taskbar (right hand end of toolbar).

How do I get rid of the blue shield please.

Hello, 

It seems you have pinned the program to the taskbar, just right-click on the icon and select "Unpin from taskbar" .

I haven't pinned it there, it just appeared.

When I right click on it, there is no "unpin" option, just the option to "pin it".

The other option is to "close the window", this doesn't get rid of it either.

I have also tried pinning it and then unpinning it, but its still there.

I only have one monitor.

When I hover the cursor over the shield it gives the appearance of the shield on a blank webpage, there is even the red cross in the top right hand corner of the page, but clicking on that does nothing.

There is also the message, "Emisoft Internet Security 2017.8 - Alert" , above the "page".

Its just disappeared.

I haven't done anything relevant to it, but its gone.

Thanks for the comments, I hope it doesn't come back, at least the screen shot shows it was there, I wasn't having a senior moment.;)

It's a rare bug, and the easiest way to resolve it is to restart your computer. It might also be possible to right-click on the Emsisoft Internet Security System Tray icon, select Shut down protection, fill in the CAPTCHA, and then open Emsisoft Internet Security to get the System Tray icon back and that might clear it as well.