Urs Rau

can I work offline on an infected PC + still get latest signatures?

I assume (never having used EEK) that you'd need to grab the latest EEK using another PC, put the whole thing on a USB stick, then use that on the infected PC.

thanks @JeremyNicoll, but my question is, is the latest EEK always containing the latest signatures, or IF NOT, how do I get them?

Most other products like that have a fairly static EXE installer download and they then get and update to the latest signatures on first start. But my PC will not be online when I start it up. (yes I did think of downloading the installer on another PC and put it on a USB drive, to take it to the infected PC)

Edited by Urs Rau
more detail and re-inserted remaining question

10 hours ago, Urs Rau said:

Most other products like that have a fairly static EXE installer download and they then get and update to the latest signatures on first start.

The "installer" for EEK is actually a self-extracting RAR archive, so there's no actual installation process that happens, it just extracts the contents of the archive either to C:\EEK or to a folder of your choosing (or a USB flash drive as Jeremy suggested). You should even be able to manually extract it using WinRAR, 7-Zip, or any other archive manager that supports the RAR format.