Martin Suchy

CLOSED Connection from EAM to EEC

I have two computers:

Win 7 Ultimate 32bit

EAM 2017.9.0.8006 installed, recently auto-updated from EIS. Connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting with EEC works without problems.

Win 10 Home 64bit:

EAM 2017.9.0.8006 and EEC 2017.9.0.3206 installed. Here I am unable to establish connection in both ways. Not sure what happend, but I was able to connect from EEC to EAM through the Create package option yesterday. The EEC log shows "Emsisoft Anti-Malware disconnected. Code: 700. Description: System error: client certificate verification failed. Connection aborted." and if I click the "Disconnect" button in EAM, the interface is bugged and non of the green license buttons (Show license key, Extend license ...) are displayed.

I did complete removal of EEC and EAM (also by using EmsiClean) and new installation (in trial and licensed mode), but nothing changed. Not sure which EAM logs should I send, but EEC log is included.

EEC_log.zip

02.PNG
Download Image

Hi Martin,

This issue most probably is caused by a wrong certificate in the windows cert store.

Could you uninstall EEC, open mmc.exe remove all Emsisoft certificates in: local computer certificates/Trusted Root certification authorities and Personal/Certificates

reinstall EEC stable, update to beta and see if you are able to connect from EAM ?