Marg

Update on 10/15/2017 Taking Forever!

No, you have EAM.     That aside, it's hard for users (as opposed to Emsisoft support) to offer any useful help for this.  Did you post your question here using the same machine as is not updating?  Ie you (and it) have a decent internet connection?   One thing that's often suggested is to change Settings -> Privacy, and untick the "use SSL' option. 

I did not realize I had EAM. My internet connection is fast & all sites I visit load up quickly. The update is at 56% now but is slow like Microsoft updates. Yesterday all updates loaded up in several seconds. Thanks! Marg

Our server host had some networking/routing issues in their datacenter over the weekend. It was at its worst Friday evening (in the USA) or Saturday morning (for those in Europe, Asia, Australia, etc).

If anyone else is still having trouble with updates, then restarting your computer should resolve the issue. On Windows 7 restarting normally should be fine. On Windows 8.1 and 10 you'll need to right-click on the Start button, go to Shut down or sign out, and select Restart from the menu so that your computer will full shut down while restarting.