Jaimie

One Client doesn't connect to EEC :o(

Hi,
I am in the process of connecting our six PCs to the EEC, Workgroup only, no AD or Domain.
So far I have set up the EEC  PC (DELL-E6430 -- Windows 10), my first client (Alexas-PC-- W10 Windows10) is set up and connected to EEC and working well, so far so good.
However already my second client, COMPAQ-W7 (Windows7), drives me nuts.
Here is what I did:
- I Ran the Prepare_PC_for_Deployment.bat on the client, also Prepare_PC_for_Deployment_UAC_Disabled.bat. Meanwhile I learned the UAC_disabled was not required, hope this didn't mess up things.
- From EEC then I started "add client, create and deploy"
According to the log, the job seems to be completed slow but successful at the end, although there was a WMI error message in between.
But the client doesn't connect to the server :o(
I attached the last piece of the logfile, hoping for support.

Txs Jaimie

Emsisoft Enterprise Console Server-a.log

Hi Jamie,

Could you try to setup the connection from the client to see if that works ?

This is a new feature we have made available in current stable version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Install EAM, goto settings/license and enter the servername and the password you use when you start the Emsisoft Enterprise Console UI.

For support you can always send and email to [email protected]

I hope this helps

Cheers

Hi Frank,

txs for the fast reply. Connecting from client to server doesn't work either.

So I'll open a ticket and will post the final solution here so others might benefit as well

Jamie

we've released an EEC hotfix  today, that fixes various connection issue that showed up recently.

I'd appreciate any feedback if this hotfix solved your issue.

Thanks

Hi Frank,

sorry for the delayed answer, I did not receive notifications yet, just stumbled across this thread again when I cleaned up my open topics.

I can confirm my EAM and EEC are working perfectly well, meanwhile I have connected eight clients w/o issues.

The only  thing which I don't like at all, is to get an "infection alert" even when the taken action was "allowed". Maybe I have to read the manual to somehow switch this off ;o)

Regards J.

Thanks for your feedback Jaimie and good to hear that things run well.

The only  thing which I don't like at all, is to get an "infection alert" even when the taken action was "allowed". Maybe I have to read the manual to somehow switch this off ;o)

you can't switch that off currently. All infection notifications are sent, despite allowed or not. We might consider to make that configurable in the future though.