soilentgreen

EIS and firewall

For years I used Online Armor and EIS, and now after Emsisoft decided  to stop develop firewall, we all need to trust windows.

I use ShutUp and block all in "Windows Defender and Microsoft SpyNet" so Windows Defender is off. When I re-installed EAM the Windows FireWall turned on.

The Windows Defender include the firewall with it, so I like to be sure that the firewall will work fine even if the Windows Defender is off.

I'll appreciate if someone can guide me how can I test the windows firewall with EAM.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, soilentgreen said:

For years I used Online Armor and EIS, and now after Emsisoft decided  to stop develop firewall, we all need to trust windows.

I use ShutUp and block all in "Windows Defender and Microsoft SpyNet" so Windows Defender is off. When I re-installed EAM the Windows FireWall turned on.

The Windows Defender include the firewall with it, so I like to be sure that the firewall will work fine even if the Windows Defender is off.

I'll appreciate if someone can guide me how can I test the windows firewall with EAM.

Thank you.

Hello @soilentgreen :)

With EAM installed:

Left-Click Start > Settings > Update and Security > "Windows Defender" (in left-side column) > Click On "Turn On Windows Defender Antivirus > "Firewall & Protection" should say "no action needed"

OR

Right-Click Start Button > "Search" > "Contol Panel" > "System and Security" > "Windows Defender Firewall"

[Handy to right-click on Control Panel and Pin to Task Bar if you like the old-style Win Control Panel.]

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soilentgreen said:

The Windows Defender controls in Windows 10 show firewall status and controls as well, but the Windows Firewall is still a separate technology and should still work fine without Windows Defender.

• Like 1