Peter2150

CLOSED Beta 8134

OOPS.   Found a major problem.   Both 8134 and 8006 cause a crash in Acrobat Pro XI.   No problem with the readers.   I will get logs tomorrow.   Is the Acrobat.*.dmp file of any use?

9 hours ago, Peter2150 said:

OOPS.   Found a major problem.   Both 8134 and 8006 cause a crash in Acrobat Pro XI.   No problem with the readers.   I will get logs tomorrow.   Is the Acrobat.*.dmp file of any use?

German is not my strong point Peter but noticed this... no idea if it's the same thing

https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/28624-seit-heute-stürzt-acrobat-ab/

Hi Frank

Here is all the info

1.  Problem.   This is with both 8006 and  8134.    If I open a pdf file with Acrobat Pro XI   after a few minutes Acrobat crashes.  I've never seen this before.  It didn't happen with Acrobat DC Reader.  I no longer have the older reader.    I figured out it was EAM because I saw  a2hooks.dll in Appcrash.

2.  Attached is a zip file.  Debug logs are turned on.  You can see with delayed release no problem, but with the stable and beta Acrobat crashes.

There are two additional files in the zip.   One is the Appcrash  text, and the other is the Acrobat dmp file.   Don't know if that is of any use.

3.  If it would be useful, I can install a trial of Acrobat Pro DC and see what happens there.  Let me know

Pete

EAMLOG.zip

Hi guys,

The issue with Adobe should have been fixed in current Beta. We have released a new Behavior Blocker a few hours ago.

We'd appreciate your feedback on this issue.

I do not have Adobe Acrobat installed. Did not work Microsoft Office 2016 Pro. Office 2013 worked. Rollback to the "Delayed" channel updates, solved the problem. On the "Beta" channel, after the release of "New Behavior Blocker" the office began to open without error.

I hope I clearly described the situation.