jamjar

New version problem

I clicked on Emsisoft in the EAM GUI and noticed that my copy had updated to version 10 but Programs and Features listed version 9 with its October install date.

I decided to reinstall. After installation, the action centre flag started flashing a notification every few seconds. It was too quick to read but it looked like the notification you get if protection is off. The EAM GUI showed everything OK.  

Any idea what might have caused this?

I’ve now uninstalled EAM and installed another anti-malware program. The action centre flag is no longer flashing. I installed EEK and ran a scan which was clean.

Exact same problem on my Windows 8.1 64-bit PC. I did a fresh install of the new version too.

Same result after a second try (fresh install). Both installs with Windows Defender real time protection off. Windows security center going crazy, telling me Emsisoft is off as well as Windows Defender.

I now have reinstalled the latest Version of EAM (2017.9.0.8006) before this new release and updated while finishing the install. Everything fine now except for the new "Activate Windows Security Center integration" in english even though I am using the German version.

I will try a fresh install again once a new version is released.

Hi! Version 2017.10.1.8165 with integration into the Security Center of Windows causes a second blinking (message) of the security center!

It's horrible!:blink:

I had to disable the service of the Windows Security Center! (WSCSVC) Is it possible that nothing will be done with this ?!:blink:

2017-11-03 00_52_51-Emsisoft Anti-Malware.jpg
Download Image

2017-11-03 01_07_07-.jpg
Download Image

13 hours ago, jamjar said:

I clicked on Emsisoft in the EAM GUI and noticed that my copy had updated to version 10 but Programs and Features listed version 9 with its October install date.

The version listed in Programs and Features is the version that was originally installed, and not the latest version that is installed.

13 hours ago, jamjar said:

I decided to reinstall. After installation, the action centre flag started flashing a notification every few seconds. It was too quick to read but it looked like the notification you get if protection is off. The EAM GUI showed everything OK.

Does turning off Security Center Integration in the settings for Emsisoft Anti-Malware, restarting your computer, and then turning it back on help?

image.png
Download Image

Hi!

That's just terrible!:blink:

Started flashing a notification every few seconds from the Windows security center! (in system tray)

To stop this, I had to completely disable the service of the Windows Security Center (WSCSVC)!

Can not anything be done? Why should this integration of the EAM into the Windows Security Center?:(

How can I fix it or wait for changes in the program?

I have tried what GT500 suggested as well on W8.1 to no effect either. The only thing that has helped is the installation of a former version and then update.

What I fear is that any new user of EAM experiencing this might loose trust in the software immediately (wether EAM itself functions properly or not) and will not want to continue using EAM. People tend to act hasty and judge prematurely these days...

I certainly do not want to put pressure on anyone - I am not in a position to do so, anyway ;-) - but let's hope this will be fixed and a new version/installer will be available for download soon.

And where to get the installation file of the previous version ?!

But, I'm afraid, this is not a solution to the problem....

I’m wondering whether this problem only occurs if you re-install a fresh copy of the latest version. I did this because I thought there was an issue with the different version numbers shown in the GUI and Programs and Features, which GT500 has now explained.

On my wife’s PC (also Windows 7 Professional) it has auto-updated to the latest version and there’s no flashing notification.

Hi!

Yes, I reinstalled the program, installed a new version from the site, previously deleting the old one.

But what should I do now ?!:huh:

Windows 7x64 Pro

Hi Guys,

We've just released a fix for this occasional WSC issue to the beta update feed.

Could you please switch to beta, perform an update and feedback if the issue has been fixed for you.
note: The version nr will not change.

Thanks !

The only difference with stable is 1 file that manages wsc integration, it's safe to switch.

Proper feedback from affected users will speed-up the release to stable.

thanks

• Like 1