JoBeatoo

Emsisoft Internet Security won't start up - please help.

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me.  Today I put my laptop on standby and when I went back to it, it was locked up with all these odd lines across my screen and I couldn't do anything so had to turn it off at the on/off button (yes, that's something I do as a last resort!).  Upon restarting, my laptop recommended a "Check Disk" which I did and it found plenty of errors and recovered various things then my computer restarted and all seemed OK - BUT Emsisoft Internet Security won't start and I get the following message: 

"A major problem has prevented the application from starting.  Emsisoft can't connect to the service application. Please restart your computer and try again or contact support if the problem persists."

I have restarted my computer several times - even shut it down completely & left it for a while then turned it on again - however the problem persists.  In the interim, I have turned on Windows Firewall so at least I can get on this forum to ask for help. 

I do not run any other Firewall or Anti-Malware programs although there is a Windows Defender program that came with my laptop & I have no idea how to turn it off - but aside from that, Emsisoft IS is my only security program. 

I run Windows 7 - 64 bit - NTFS. 

How do I get Emsisoft IS to start up again?  Any advice would be very much appreciated.

It looks like the Emsisoft Protection Service isn't running on your computer. Lets try the following, and see if that helps:

1. Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Restart your computer twice.
  3. Delete the following folders if they exist:
    -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-Malware
    -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Internet Security
  4. Download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware from this link.