andrey

Internet access

With EAM it would normally be a2service.exe and EmDmp.exe (the latter being our crash report tool), however I would believe that depends on whether or not you use the Enterprise Console to manage EAM from another computer/server (CommService.exe is used when EAM is connected to the Enterprise Console).

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 2:31 AM, Minimalist said:

On my desktop I had to allow a2guard.exe through firewall to be able to update.

There were old versions of our software where that was the case, however 2 or 3 years ago we changed that, and now all update communication is supposed to be handled by a2service.exe (a quick test with TCPView running shows that only a2service.exe opens TCP connections when manually checking for updates).

Is it possible that the firewall was blocking communication between a2guard.exe and a2start.exe (such as via a HIPS module)?

On 11/14/2017 at 5:34 PM, GT500 said:

Is it possible that the firewall was blocking communication between a2guard.exe and a2start.exe (such as via a HIPS module)?

IDK. I have Windows built-in FW enabled and I don't think that it can monitor such activity.

The Windows Firewall shouldn't have interfered with a2guard.exe communicating with a2service.exe, so it must have been something else.

Hello!

Tell me, so I can allow access to the Internet through the Windows firewall only a2service.exe? Will all EAM protection components work properly?

Now I have done just that. EAM is updated and as if working without problems. Do not have to allow other files to access the Internet?

2017-12-08 20_17_32-Internet access - Emsisoft Anti-Malware - Emsisoft Support Forums.jpg
Download Image

8 hours ago, andrey said:

Tell me, so I can allow access to the Internet through the Windows firewall only a2service.exe? Will all EAM protection components work properly?

They should work fine with only a2service.exe allowed access to the Internet. I do recommend allowing access to EmDmp.exe as well, but that is only needed for sending crash reports, and EAM will work fine without it.