RE: https://shop.emsisoft.com/34/purl-BF2017

1) Does license period start when purchased or when first activated?
2) Does Emsisoft license and/or Ashampoo license have an activate by (expire) date?
3) Does renewal loyalty discount go against the then full retail price or against what I paid ...e.g., 50% off ?
4) May I save this e.g., 50% off key to use (some time in the future) as renewal key?

We don't have an official Black Friday sale (which is why it wasn't publicized via any of our normal marketing channels), however some of our affiliates did want to do a Black Friday sale, which is why some of them announced a sale. If you want to purchase a license key through one of our affiliates to take advantage of the sale, then feel free to do so. ;)

14 minutes ago, GT500 said:

We don't have an official Black Friday sale (which is why it wasn't publicized via any of our normal marketing channels), however some of our affiliates did want to do a Black Friday sale, which is why some of them announced a sale. If you want to purchase a license key through one of our affiliates to take advantage of the sale, then feel free to do so. ;)

Um, so since you cannot answer my questions.   Um, who may answer...?

1) Does license period start when purchased or when first activated?
2) Does Emsisoft license and/or Ashampoo license have an activate by (expire) date?
3) Does renewal loyalty discount go against the then full retail price or against what I paid ...e.g., 50% off ?
4) May I save this e.g., 50% off key to use (some time in the future) as renewal key?

Um, how would I distinguish this https://shop.emsisoft.com/34/purl-BF2017 from an Official offering?
Looks darn Official to me.  Just saying.

Um, btw Cleverbridge told me to ask Emsisoft Support my questions.

1 minute ago, bjm__ said:

Does license period start when purchased or when first activated?

There should be no differences between the license keys that are on sale and brand new license keys that you would normally buy from our online store. You have 10 months to activate the license key from the date of purchase, and the license period doesn't start until you activate it.

3 minutes ago, bjm__ said:

Does Emsisoft license and/or Ashampoo license have an activate by (expire) date?

You'll have to ask Ashampoo about their license terms, however with Emsisoft Anti-Malware all license keys have a 10-month grace period that they need to be activated within. That grace period cane be extended by our sales and support teams if it expires before you can use the license key.

4 minutes ago, bjm__ said:

Does renewal loyalty discount go against the then full retail price or against what I paid ...e.g., 50% off ?

To my knowledge these are new license keys, which means your renewal discount will not apply to this new license key. That discount is on a per-license key basis, so it would not carry over to license keys purchased from this sale.

Keep in mind that your renewal discount on your current license key will eventually reach 50% off on its own, so it might not be best to reset that discount with a new license key.

6 minutes ago, bjm__ said:

May I save this e.g., 50% off key to use (some time in the future) as renewal key?

Yes, you can.

5 hours ago, bjm__ said:

Edit: this suggests one year to activate

10 months is just the usual time period that we use for the activation grace period. If you want to know the exact date that your license key needs to be activated within, then registering it with your account in our License Center should give you that date.

I want to save $15 when ordering 3 licenses for Emsisoft but it requires me to buy it new again. I am worried I will have to recreate a new account for Emsisoft License Center and everything. Is this required to do or can I add the new key to my existing one?

Also will I be required to change my license key every black friday to save the $15 every year? Or can this offer only be used once?

Dear max2,

Thank you for your request.

Please note that it is not said that there will be the same or a similar offer available for our security products each year at the same time.

You are right, this specific offer is for new 1-year license keys for Emsisoft Anti-Malware only and only for a maximum of up to three computers.

This license key from a special offer cannot be combined with an existing license key, but you can keep the key from the Black Friday offer and use it to unlock the full version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware for one year on up to three computers again once your current license expired.

No new account needs to be created if you take advantage of the offer and purchase a separate new license key. But by switching license keys the rebate level of the older key will not(!) move to the new license key purchased during the special offer.

If we can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact us.

I'm not certain what our plans are in regards to Black Friday. I'll ask sales for more information.

BTW: Even if we don't have a sale of our own, at least some of our American resellers will more than likely have sales.

19 hours ago, BrendanAdams said:

Thanks a lot for your answer. I live in France, so hopefully they will have some here too. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Hopefully sales will be able to get you an answer soon.

Just now, TheawesomeMCB said:

I like on how I asked this question 2 years ago and it's still getting reply's 🤣

Saving money is clearly a popular topic. ;)

From what I'm seeing, it looks like we don't have any plans for a Black Friday sale. If I see or hear anything to the contrary, I'll let you know.