MShults

CLOSED Runtime Error (at 65.231) Step 3 Error(170)

I have downloaded all files and even paid the $39 to purchase the license.  However I cannot ever delete or quarantine anything.  Every time I try I get the same error which is: Runtime Error (at 65:231): Step 3 Error (170): The requested resource is in use.  This is happening no matter what virus software I try to run.  I hear good things about your so I tried it but still to no avail I cannot run anything.  So I haven't been able to login with my subscription or anything since nothing will run.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

EEK Report scan_171122-204435.txt

I have downloaded all files and even paid the $39 to purchase the license.  However I cannot ever delete or quarantine anything.  Every time I try I get the same error which is: Runtime Error (at 65:231): Step 3 Error (170): The requested resource is in use.  This is happening no matter what virus software I try to run.  I hear good things about your so I tried it but still to no avail I cannot run anything.  So I haven't been able to login with my subscription or anything since nothing will run.

This system is infected with the SmartService Trojan which is likely interfering with our software's cleaning engine.

Try using this Download and run MBAR according to this post: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198907-requested-resource-is-in-use-error-unable-to-start-malwarebytes/

It has proven to be somewhat effective against SmartService.

Took quite a while but I finally got the Malwarebytes to run.  Thank you for your help.  I now have Emsisoft installed and am fully protected.

Good to hear that MBAR was able to get your system back to a functioning state.

Let's make sure that everything has been removed.

Run fresh scans with Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK) and FRST, attach the new EEK and FRST scans to your reply.