Deleting old signature files

GVTS

EAM will take care of the signature files on its own. No need to do anything. If you try to delete any of the files, they will just be redownloaded again. Our signatures account for about 13 MB. I don't think you will notice that compared to the Bitdefender signature database, which is about 500 MB with the cache.

On 12/24/2017 at 2:46 PM, GVTS said:

Is there another way to make this folder take up less space on a hard drive?

The only way to make software take up less space on the hard drive is to compress it, however I would believe that Microsoft removed that feature in newer versions of Windows (possibly in Windows 10).

If you're running out of hard drive space, and can't replace the hard drive in your computer, then I recommend using USB hard drives. You can even install software, games, etc. on USB hard drives if you need to.

On 12/24/2017 at 4:27 PM, Ken1943 said:

Only around 500 megabytes, how many gigabytes is your drive !

It's on an older Surface. SSD space is at a premium.

On 12/24/2017 at 5:16 PM, Fabian Wosar said:

EAM will take care of the signature files on its own. No need to do anything. If you try to delete any of the files, they will just be redownloaded again. Our signatures account for about 13 MB. I don't think you will notice that compared to the Bitdefender signature database, which is about 500 MB with the cache.

13 MB would be better than the 513 MB in my Signature folder. Why do you think I'm using 500 MB when you think that 13 MB is all that the signatures should be using? I just noticed that of that 513 MB, 499 MB is in the BD directory.  What's in that directory?