Marie71

CLOSED Can't get rid of Chromesearch.club

Changing tools.

Download RogueKiller from https://www.fosshub.com/RogueKiller.html and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click on setup.exe to install RogueKiller.

Close all programs and disconnect any USB or external drives before running the tool.

• Right-click RogueKiller.exe and select Run As Administrator to run the tool.
• Once the Prescan has finished, click Scan.
• Once the Status box shows "Scan Finished", click on the "Report" button and attach the scan log to your reply.

Marie,

Close all programs and disconnect any USB or external drives before running the tool.

• Double-click RogueKiller.exe to run the tool again (Vista/7/8/10 users: Right-click and select Run As Administrator).
  • Once the Prescan has finished, click Scan.
  • Once the Status box shows "Scan Finished".
    • Select the following items:
      [PUM.SearchEngine][Firefox:Config] i1sri3t1.default : user_pref("browser.search.selectedEngine", "Yahoo!"); -> Trouvé(e)
      [PUP.Gen1|PUM.HomePage][Chrome:Config] Default [SecurePrefs] : homepage [http://websearch.searchannel.info/?pid=964&r=2013/07/10&hid=1263811388&lg=EN&cc=FR&unqvl=24] -> Trouvé(e)
    • Click the Delete button.

• Attach the RogueKiller report to your next reply.
    • The log can also be found on your desktop labeled (RKreport[X]_D_xxdatexx_xtimex.txt)
    • The highest number of [X], is the most recent Delete log.

I recently tried to download books and I have a ZIP.file that could contain the stuff. Is there a way someone could safely have a look at it and what it is? 

Marie

Marie,

As long as you downloaded from a trusted source the contents of the ZIP should be okay.  You can attach the ZIP file to your reply, as long as it isn't too large, and I will take a look at it.

Still having problems with Chromesearch.club?

Happy New Year, 

And yes, I still have the issue, modifying Chrome, Youtube, gmail asked me to reset my password, as well as Skype, I am freaking out. 

The zip file was supposed to be a book, epub. I am not even sure it comes from this ZIP, to be honest, but it is the only thing in my download file that is suspicious and it fits, time-wise. 

Please find the file attached, I hope it will help. Looking forward to you reply.

Marie

437_enprogbooks_iamdev.zip

Marie,

Both files in the ZIP archive you attached to your previous post are OK.

I am going to have you run a program that targets Adware and Junkware.

Download AdwCleaner and save it on your desktop.

1. Close all open programs and Internet browsers (you may want to print our or write down these instructions first).
  2. Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  3. Click on the Scan button.
  4. After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button.
  5. Confirm each time with OK.
  6. You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open in Notepad after the restart (this is the log of what was removed), which you can save on your desktop.
  7. Attach that log file to your reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
    NOTE: If you lose that log file for any reason, you can find it at C:\AdwCleaner on your computer.

Hello,

No, Adwcleaner doesn't detect anything, system is clean and there is no restart required. It's still there though : Below is what I see in Settings section : 

The 3 dots should allow me to edit or remove the search bar, but you can't click on it. And you can't set the other search tools as default browsers either.

A reset didn't work either.

image.thumb.png.7c123225d638c062a03612a298a75573.png
Download Image

Here is the "chrome" home page, with links of websites that I don't use, and in English though I am French and in France. Then, the browser takes me to a yahoo.fr browser, populated with ads everywhere which are usually blocked by Adblock.

image.png.6f75019005e52371f2bf64e919c6e88e.png
Download Image

Thanks for trying. Any other idea? 

Have I been the only one with this?

Marie

Thread Closed

Reason: Lack of Response

PM either Kevin, Elise, or Arthur to have this thread reopened.

All posters requesting Malware Removal assistance are required to follow all procedures in the thread titled START HERE if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread.

Good morning, 

Could you reopen my thread with "Can't get rid of Chromesearch.club" as a title, please?  It was closed too soon.

I straight away downloaded and run the google Chrome clean up tool. it is still there. I reported the issue to google too, no reply. 

Some of my saved passwords have disappeared, my 2 inboxes, amazon...

Marie

When you run the Google Chrome Cleanup tool it resets Chrome to defaults, which include removing any stored passwords.

Check all shortcuts of your browsers on your desktop, taskbar and in the Start menu. Right click on your shortcut and change it's properties.

You can see HTTPS://CHROMESEARCH.CLUB at the end of shortcut target (command line). Remove it and save changes.

Start Command Prompt as Administrator

To do this in Windows 10/8 or Windows 7 click Start and in the search box type cmd. Right-click on the found result and choose Run as Administrator.

While in command prompt type, press Enter after ever command:

rd /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers"
rd /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy"
gpupdate /force
exit

Open Google Chrome
1. Push Alt + F.
2. Click Tools.
3. Choose Extensions.
4. Find Chromesearch.club.
5. Click the trash can icon to remove it.

Reset browser setting in Google Chrome:
1. Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
2. Choose Settings.
3. Click Show advanced settings.
4. Go to Reset browser settings section.
5. Click Reset browser settings.6. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.