jackridge

How to activate mobile phone

I have a license key. How do I activate Emsisoft malware on my mobile phone.  I bought 5 accounts. I've successfully added one on my PC and another on my laptop. But,can't activate on mobile phone. Is that not an option ??

I think that the EAM that you have activated on your PC and laptop is a totally different product from Emisoft's mobile security product.   Someone from Sales will need to help you.

(And... isn't the Emsisoft Mobile Security app written by another company?   - I've never been clear why someone would install the Emsisoft version rather than getting it directly from the other place.)

It's not that.  EAM contains (as you probably know) two engines, one developed by Emsisoft, the other by BitDefender.   So Emsisoft and BitDefender clearly have a commercial relationship.  I read elsewhere on this forum, quite a while ago, that "Emsisoft Mobile Security" is developed by BitDefender, but 'skinned' with Emsisoft branding.   I don't know if that is still the case.  

It's worth comparing what the two separate offerings can do.   See reviews at eg: http://www.av-comparatives.org/mobile-security/

Dear jackridge,

Thank you for contacting our support.

It looks like you've purchased a license for Emsisoft Anti-Malware for up to five Windows computers.

If you would want to protect your Android mobile device(s) with our mobile security app Emsisoft Mobile Security, you would need a different license though: https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/mobilesecurity/

We are glad to help you changing your last order so that it fits your needs. Please, let me know in a private message (PM) here in our support forum, or per email to [email protected], how many Windows computers and how many Android mobile devices you would want to protect with our security software.

The scan engine from BitDefender is a part of our "File Guard" in Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Emsisoft Mobile Security is a rebranded version of the mobile security app from our partner BitDefender. Both apps - BitDefender Mobile Security and Emsisoft Mobile Security, have the same capabilities to protect an Android device and basically only look different. We want to be able to offer our customers who already use Emsisoft Anti-Malware on their Windows devices to protect their Android devices via us as well.

If I can assist any further please just let me know.