Rapattoni

Adding Computers using ECC and Add computers button

When using the Add computers button in Clients tab (All Clients) the Add computers sub window has a Scanning network icon that just spins. Never finding any workstations? The only way I have been able to add workstations to clients is through the Policies tab then on the New computers sub group under Organization I choose the Add button and on the sub window Adding new computer... I type domain name\computer name and OK button. It finds the workstation and adds to the list. See attachment pics.

The ECC Server is in the 10.50.2.X subnet and the workstations are on the 192.168.x.x subnet. When using the Add computers button on the Client tab does ECC look for the AD server?

Some assistance on this would be helpful.

Thank you,

Doug

emsisoft pic 1.png
Download Image

emsisoft pic 2.png
Download Image

Hi @Rapattoni excuse me for the delayed reply.

EEC should be able to query specific sub forest of the AD.
To be able to analyse why this doesn't work on your server, it  would be good to get debug logs:
- Enable debug logs in EEC: settings / options: enable debug log ( scroll to  the bottom part of the settings screen)
- Click Add Computer -> Wait until searching is finished
- Disable debug logs

Send me the file c:\ProgramData\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\Db\a2eLogs.db3

Thanks

Thank you for the reply Frank H. I have also started an email thread with support on this as well.

I followed your instructions to create the debug log files but it did not work.

When Log Options/Enable debug log box is checked and I then go to Clients and click Add Computers button it rotates for a good 10 to 15 minutes with no results. I then go to the Enable debug log check box and tick off. Then go to the directory you state and there is no log file or folder. I have included a pic as attachment. I did look in other folders but no joy.

Thank you,

Doug

emsisoft Enable debug log.png
Download Image

23 hours ago, Frank H said:

Send me the file c:\ProgramData\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\Db\a2eLogs.db3

Hi @Rapattoni
Please check the \ProgramData folder, not the \program files (x86) one ;)
\ProgramData is a hidden folder by default, so you have to unhide it to be able to see it's contents.

I hope this helps

Cheers

ok, i'll leave this post for what it is as you're already in contact with David.

Please next time use one support channel only to avoid double work.

Thanks

19 hours ago, Rapattoni said:

Thank you for the reply Frank H. I have also started an email thread with support on this as well

I only started the email thread with support because my forum question was not being replied to. I thought it would be rude not to reply to your reply even though it was redundant.

I did include in my 1st reply to you that I was working with support. Maybe you missed that.

Thank you,

Doug

No it has not. I emailed David Biggar Monday morning PDT requesting update.

Hi David,

" I'm going to let the EEC developer and our developer liaison know that the logs are waiting, and thank you for sending them. Hopefully they'll have the answers we need to get you going."

Any movement on this? It's been 5-6 days and I need to start bringing 100 plus workstations on line.

and he replied Monday night PDT that

"I am told that the logs will be reviewed today, and were in backlog. I or one of our staff will be in touch with you as soon as possible."

Still no response from the EEC developer or developer liaison on this issue. Getting annoyed.

Thank you

Doug

I was just informed that David got feedback from the dev, so he will, or already did, contact you via email.

thanks