Angelgr

EEK crash

Hello and thank you for your time, i downloaded EEK and started a scan right after the installation.When it reached some point on \Drivers it crashed ,the message said something made it crash and had to close second and third scan showed nothing. My OS is Win10 also Malwarebytes show nothing only the first time found 1 threat which was removed but i'm sure by the behavior of my computer that something is using it ....   For real as i was writing this, Windows Defender stopped working and i got a notification which said tap here to enable but when clicked nothing happened, i went to search and tried to access windows defender options from there but when i clicked that the window opened without displaying anything then closed on it's own all three times i tried to access windows defender.I guess EEK almost located it and identified it but then it started to take actions, and now i can't open anything from start bar since EEK crashed something is taking action on my comptuter.

Are you able to follow the instructions at the link below to start your computer in Safe Mode With Networking?
https://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

If that doesn't work, then you can try the following:

Click on the Start button and then click on the power button in the lower-left to open the shutdown/restart options. If you hold down the Shift key on your keyboard while you click on the option to restart, then your computer should restart in Recovery Mode, and you can get into Safe Mode from there.

When your computer starts in Recovery Mode, it will show you a blue screen that says Choose an option in white at the top, and has the following options:

• Continue
  • Use a device
  • Troubleshoot
  • Turn off your PC

If you click on Troubleshoot, then click on Advanced options, and then click on Startup Settings then there will be a button in the lower-right to restart your computer to get advanced startup settings (such as Safe Mode).

After your computer restarts you should see another blue screen that says Startup Settings at the top. Simply type the number 4 on your keyboard to load into Safe Mode, or type the number 5 for Safe Mode With Networking (if you need Internet access in Safe Mode), and Windows will start in Safe Mode.

Once you're in Safe Mode, if EEK isn't able to find/remove any threats, then try getting a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. You can find instructions for downloading and running FRST at the following link:
https://helpdesk.emsisoft.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/274/55/running-a-scan-with-frst