Sign in to follow this  
Ken1943

Firewall Information

Looking for one with information I can understand/control easier. Testing on a HP laptop with a I5-7200u cpu with 16  gig ram.

Started with Windows Firewall Control, then Comodo FW Free now Zonalarm Free.

Using Comodo, this laptop really slowed down and I though it might be because of the updates for the chip problem installed while using it.

Now with ZA the laptop is back to running as fast as with WFC.

Conclusion,  WFC and ZA ok, Comodo big NO.

7 hours ago, Ken1943 said:

Using Comodo, this laptop really slowed down and I though it might be because of the updates for the chip problem installed while using it.

If the computer is a server in a datacenter, then that's entirely possible. If it's a home computer (especially if there's only one user), then the odds are you'd never notice a performance decrease from the patch for the CPU vulnerabilities.

7 hours ago, Ken1943 said:

Looking for one with information I can understand/control easier. Testing on a HP laptop with a I5-7200u cpu with 16  gig ram.

Started with Windows Firewall Control, then Comodo FW Free now Zonalarm Free.

Those are several of the most popular ones. I think GlassWire is also fairly popular, but is also just a front-end for the Windows Firewall like Windows Firewall Control. Most of the other dedicated firewall software out there has disappeared over the years.

I was a little upset with the Comodo slowdown. My desktops still have WFC running. I use my laptops every day so that was the reason to change to something else with

more control. Something I could understand better !!

It's possible that Comodo's software has some sort of hooking related issue with Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and needs exclusions to prevent issues.

1 hour ago, GT500 said:

It's possible that Comodo's software has some sort of hooking related issue with Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and needs exclusions to prevent issues.

Exclusions are a must-do with Comodo, all running EAM's processes must be in each comodo's exclusions modules.