Pause doesn't pause

Alejandro

Thank you GT500 for your response.

In the image below is an image with the options I used. Disk C is an SSD unit; D and F are spinning disks.

Well, the problem occurred once yesterday, but now I cannot reproduce it; I made several tests and Pause now do pause as expected. Sorry I do not understand what could be the difference, perhaps yesterday there was some other process running concurrently.

image.thumb.png.9c6280bd10e2750758367d5e8b1586d9.png

I see that that scan includes looking in zips etc.  If EAM was unpacking a zip at the time you tried to pause it, the unpack process and maybe even the scan of the items in it, might be the sort of thing that would continue to its end before EAM tests again whether pause has been selected.    There's also a point where EAM scans the contents of a disk, I think, before embarking on scanning files.  I don't know whether when you scan multiple disks the creation of the list of files happens all at once at the start (well, after memory etc is scanned), or before each disk is considered. 

I think now it could be both of them, unpacking a zip (or 7zip more probably), and an intensive process running at the same time. I wanted to pause the scan because of this other process was taking most of CPU cycles.

Well, I am sorry I can´t reproduce the case, but I think now it was a reasonable behaviour.

Many thanks for your time and dedication.

Alejandro