SquirmyElk2

Auto-Game Mode Enabled/Disabled In Logs

After this update, I occasionally saw "Auto-Game Mode Enabled" and "Auto-Game Mode Disabled" appear in the logs (usually after starting or closing a game). I do not know if it is due to the update or the fact that I imported my general software settings (where such a setting is not found). It does not occur every time i start and close a game. It even happens when I put a YouTube video in Fullscreen. I would like to understand what this is and if this is intended (one of the minor tweaks). These actions were never logged before.

These logs can cause clutter if there are too many of them since I commonly watch YouTube videos fullscreen and export logs very rarely.

That is not the problem. This is:

Auto-game mode.jpg
Download Image

As you can see, these notifications appear every time I open and close a fullscreen application. It can cause clutter in the logs (if I did not search for "auto-game"). This never happened before. Don't mind the multiple "Auto-Game Mode Disabled" from 5:43:45 upward, it is just something I did.

I am (and have been) aware that game mode starts when a fullscreen application is active. It is just that I never saw any sort of logs until now.

So... your problem is that the detailed log of everything that EAM is doing contains details you don't want to see?     It's not that you think that Game Mode is being enabled/disabled incorrectly?

I wonder if there is, or could be, an easy way to exclude a set of messages from the log?   Obviously we can choose a subset (as you did by typing 'Auto-Game' in the search box) but maybe it'd be useful to be able to type eg NOT(auto-game)  to exclude such messages...

Edited by JeremyNicoll
Added: I wonder...

33 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

I wonder if there is, or could be, an easy way to exclude a set of messages from the log?   Obviously we can choose a subset (as you did by typing 'Auto-Game' in the search box) but maybe it'd be useful to be able to type eg NOT(auto-game)  to exclude such messages...

Good call, sir. That does seem to be a decent idea. Sometimes I feel irritated because of strange things I have never noticed before, especially if they cause clutter. The only way I know of fixing my problem (answering my own question) so far is to uncheck "Core" from the "View" dropdown. However, I don't like turning that off since I commonly check the time my PC starts up or shuts down through these logs (Actions of "Shutdown Received" and "Protection Started").

There is currently no way to disable logging only specific events, nor is there any way to selectively delete/clear only specific types of log entries. I've forwarded the suggestion to QA that the "Clear" button only delete log entries displayed by the current search/filter.

• Upvote 1

True, but right now the "Clear" button deletes all logs, which would make an investigation far more difficult.

9 minutes ago, GT500 said:

There is currently no way to disable logging only specific events, nor is there any way to selectively delete/clear only specific types of log entries. I've forwarded the suggestion to QA that the "Clear" button only delete log entries displayed by the current search/filter.

I really hope this suggestion doesn't get implemented as the way Forensics is set up now it could delete something the user didn't mean to.

6 minutes ago, stapp said:

I really hope this suggestion doesn't get implemented as the way Forensics is set up now it could delete something the user didn't mean to.

Well, it would be up to the user to make sure that there wasn't anything in the log view they didn't want to lose before they cleared the displayed log entries. As for whether or not that's better than the Clear button simply deleting everything, I can't say for certain, but I can certainly see it being more useful than not being able to filter out unwanted log entries.