MJmusicguy

access violation

Do did not include enough information. Was it running ok before ? I would download a new installation file and install over the old installation 

as a starting point.

i did as advised and  reinstalled EAM but should i be concerned that it seems to only be downloadung a few kb per hour and that it doest seem to display the signature amounts anymore like before it used to say signatures updated your now protected with x number of signatures now it just says software updated all the time

I can't say because I have some settings turned. One of the team should show up. I just said that as a starting point.

Are you running Malwarebytes in real-time?

When you open the logs from the main GUI  and it lists what has happened on your machine , are you able to see there any info? You can double-click on a listed 'updates' line and it should tell you what last downloaded and when.

ok so itis updating but it only says software updated but now it just says software updated  in the notations it used to list the total signatures you had now  it just says software updated unless i go to  the log details but it used to say the numbers why dosnt it anymore? also should i not be running it in real time i get conflicting stories deppending on who i have asked here

Well... maybe because the number of signatures is more or less meaningless?   Usually it climbs then Emsisoft reorganise things a bit and it falls then it climbs, then it falls and so on.    I don't see how any of us can extract useful meaning from the absolute number at a particular point in time.

5 hours ago, MJmusicguy said:

bump  I still want to know why it no longer states in the  update notice how many signatures i have anymore?

The number of signatures fluctuates up and down with not only new additions but also database cleanups and optimizations, so in the end the number of signatures really doesn't mean much.

You can see how many signatures there are if you hover your cursor over the words 'Software is up-to-date' under the Protection panel of the main GUI.