Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid a2hooks64.dll

bluescreen

Getting intermittent warnings in the Windows 7 security log.   I run Windows 7 SP1 64bit on a Sony Vaio laptop.  

Code Integrity has determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid.   The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification.   The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name:  Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\Emsisoft Internet Security\a2hooks64.dll

I used to have Emsisoft Internet Security, but it changed itself to Emsisoft AntiMalware.   Can anyone help me understand what is going on here?   

Thanks in advance. 

Bluescreen

Edited by bluescreen
including additional information about my system

6 hours ago, bluescreen said:

Code Integrity has determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid.   The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification.   The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name:  Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\Emsisoft Internet Security\a2hooks64.dll

I see that stapp has already linked to the answer, but in case anyone else stumbles upon this the short explanation is that Windows has stricter code signing requirements for certain system files, so when Emsisoft Anti-Malware tries to inject its DLL file into a running system process with these stricter code signing requirements (and thus open a hook to them) there will be an error in the Event Logs due to the digital signature on our DLL file not meeting the same requirements as the process that is being hooked.

• Upvote 1