andrey

No Protection when you start Windows?

Hello all!

Such a message is issued by the EAM at the start of Windows.

Rather, I notice that at the start of Windows an EAM icon in the brown color tray.

When you open the program interface - there is no protection!:wacko:

It turns on only after a few seconds!

That is, EAM is not run with Windows?

Or is it just the interface of the program behind? does the GUI process start later?

I asked about this in the Russian forum, but I did not get a clear explanation ...

https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/27457-eis-запускается-с-выключенной-файловой-защитой/

2018-02-12 23_04_51-.jpg
Download Image

2018-02-12 23_04_36-Emsisoft Anti-Malware.jpg
Download Image

2018-02-12 23_07_42-Emsisoft Anti-Malware.jpg
Download Image

According to your screenshot, protection is paused.  Did you do that (before rebooting?) from the systray menu > Pause Protection >   submenu?

5 hours ago, andrey said:

That is, EAM is not run with Windows?

The database is too large to load into memory and process quickly, so there can be a slight delay in protection showing as on when your computer first starts up. Due to the heavy system resource usage in general during startup, it might also take a minute or so for the Emsisoft Anti-Malware UI to be able to reliably communicate with the Emsisoft Protection Service and read that protection is online.

• Like 1

It is not the UI doing the protection, it is the service/driver, and they are the first things to be loaded during boot even before your desktop appears.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've no idea if Andrey is using Win 10 with Fast Startup enabled. If he is, perhaps he enabled 'pause protection' before he shutdown the machine.

If he had Fast Startup enabled then perhaps EAM didn't realise a shutdown had taken place.

Hello!

Thanks for the clarifications!

I'm using Windows 7х64 Professional.

No, Jeremy, this is a real screen, it's not turning off protection from the context menu, really!

I manage to do it when the EAM icon appears in the tray. That's right, with the protection turned off, it appears.

But in just 3-4 seconds everything turns on automatically! I believe, is right GT500.

I roughly assume that the service and driver are started with Windows, but the interface of the program just lags behind, is delayed. Probably so!;) And there is no cause for concern. I just wanted an explanation!:blush:

And that no one else with a similar encounter?

p.s. I do not observe any other problems with the work of the EAM:)

p.p.s. In the autorun, I have a minimum of programs!

2018-02-13 17_32_06-Piriform CCleaner.jpg
Download Image

> No, Jeremy, this is a real screen, it's not turning off protection from the context menu, really!

What do you mean, " a real screen"?    It's a screenshot, which I assumed you included because it is what you see.  And at the top righthand corner it says "Your computer is NOT protected" and underneath that, it says "Protection paused for 10 minutes."  

So either YOU paused protection, or EAM thinks you did.

Hi Jeremy!

Yes, it's written there!

For the first time I just did not have time to make a screenshot, and EAM automatically automatically turned on all the protection for no more than three seconds!

BUT exactly the same picture at startup, the protection is OFF. You're right, I did this screen (having disabled it myself for 10 minutes) just to show what the interface looks like on startup!

So, andrey, when you see protection appearing not yet to be on at startup, the thing you are asking about, the screen DOES NOT have the " Protection paused for 10 minutes." text on it?   It would have been better if you said at the start that your screenshot was MISLEADING.

34 minutes ago, Peter2150 said:

You can see this on several programs.   Service and drivers are up, but GUI hasn't caught up.   It's not a problem.

Yep. Good summary of the "problem". I have used lots of different anti-virus apps, and the GUI always needed some time to load. Nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Thanks for answers! I understood.

Yes, Jeremy, my screenshot was artificially created to show the problem (misleading):huh:

Forgive me for having led you astray! But otherwise I could not have time to capture the screen!

You're forgiven... but next time you provide a screenshot (for any product's support) tell the people concerned if it's not actually a screenshot that was made when the problem was manifesting itself.   I guess in this case you only really wanted to show the lefthand tile's red colour, and maybe the "No Protection!" message and the four Xs under it.          

9 hours ago, stapp said:

I've no idea if Andrey is using Win 10 with Fast Startup enabled. If he is, perhaps he enabled 'pause protection' before he shutdown the machine.

Actually, if I remember right, protection stays paused after a reboot regardless of how the system restart.

6 hours ago, andrey said:

For the first time I just did not have time to make a screenshot, and EAM automatically automatically turned on all the protection for no more than three seconds!

BUT exactly the same picture at startup, the protection is OFF. You're right, I did this screen (having disabled it myself for 10 minutes) just to show what the interface looks like on startup!

If you right-click on the Emsisoft icon in the System Tray and go to Protection status you can disable all protection without the little notice in the UI that says protection is paused. ;)

9 hours ago, andrey said:

And that no one else with a similar encounter?

It's fairly normal for it to happen. How long protection appears to be off during startup/login depends on the computer, and how many services/drivers/startup items/scheduled tasks/etc. need to load.

2 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

... but next time you provide a screenshot (for any product's support) tell the people concerned if it's not actually a screenshot that was made when the problem was manifesting itself.

It looks like we had a bit of a misunderstanding here. Lets just try not to let things get too out of hand, OK? :)

• Like 1