stapp

CLOSED Scheduled scans

When you first ever do a scheduled scan and go to that page to select a time and frequency, is there already some pre-selected time and day of the week there for you?

Thanks @dja2k

That confirms what I saw. However the time it showed for me was different probably picking up the time from my system settings with us being in different parts of the world.

Was the time it showed you (12 pm) the next hour that would happen timewise on your machine? In other words, was it around 11am when you looked at it.

Mine showed 5pm.

27 minutes ago, dja2k said:

It was actually around 4 PM when I did this test and got that screen shot.

Odd. When I looked it was around 3.55pm and it said 5pm for the 'suggested'  scan time (which I quickly changed to 4.pm Sunday so I could check out a scheduled scan)

Weekly and Friday look to be the default.

12 minutes ago, Frank H said:

that time has a fixed default value of 17:00 (or 5pm) on creation of a new scan task.

Ahh.. that explains it.

Thanks Frank.

2 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

So why did dja2k see 12pm?

Because he clicked on custom scan in the scheduled scan window which shows 12pm.

Creating a new scheduled scan brings up the 5pm time.

Hmm, that's confusing.   On my system I see that the thing he must have clicked on is shown as 'Disabled.  Click to enable' but that text is very very small and very pale blue - hardly legible at all.

If you just click the disabled custom scan task, it opens and shows you the default settings which includes a start time of 12PM