Sign in to follow this  
uninstallhelp

Can not uninstall "another program has exclusive access..."

I can't uninstall Emsisoft. Can someone help me please?

Specs:

• Windows 10 Home
  • BitDefender Total Security

What I tried:

• Uninstall with BitDefender disabled (I can uninstall it if that's a better idea, then uninstall Emsisoft, then reinstall BitDefender).
  • Deleted logs.db3 from SafeMode, but it just reapers after boot.
  • Uninstalled Java

screenshot.1.jpg
Download Image

Logs.db3 is an SQLite database file saved by Emsisoft Anti-Malware. If the file is missing, it will simply create a new one, as this file is used to store all of the logs that appear in Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

As for uninstalling, please download Emsiclean from this link (be sure to save it on your desktop), and follow the instructions below to get me a log:

1. Run the Emsiclean download that you saved on your desktop.
  2. Read the disclaimer. Note that you must agree to it in order to proceed.
  3. Once the scan is finished, simply exit Emsiclean, and do not remove anything.
  4. A new file will be saved on your desktop with a log of what was detected. Please attach that to a reply so that I can review it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I ran the tool, but it wasn't clear to me which button to choose. So, first I chose to close the application and the generated file seemed empty. So, I then ran the remove function.  Then I realized you didn't want me to hit that button.

I have attached both log files.

The program removed Emsisoft,  but I didn't select to remove the install directory. The program wasn't able to delete two registry keys, should I delete them manually? And should I delete the install directory?

P.S. May I suggest next time this occurs you quote the exact button you want pressed? It wasn't clear to me what you wanted me to do. Being more precise would be helpful.

EmsiClean_2018.03.06_08.17.56.txt

EmsiClean_2018.03.06_08.19.06.txt

Run it again and see if it finds anything (if nothing is found, it will display a message about no traces found). If it find anything, allow it to remove it, and then allow it to restart your computer.

If it finds nothing, then I recommend deleting everything from the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder except for the Quarantine and Logs folders (you can delete those as well if you don't want to keep quarantined files and logs). You can find the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder in the following location:

• C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Peter2150 said:

BitDefender Total security

That is correct, BitDefender Total Security doesn't usually play nice with Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

• Upvote 1