Your forum id & password will have nothing to do with it, unless you happened to set the exact same values.

So far as I was aware I didn't have a login for the old license Centre thing anyway, but I just tried to login to the new one using the email address I'd used when I bought the last licence (which is not the one I use for the forum), and the 'forgotten password' link.   I was emailed a link to set a new password, then logged-in.  Everything that I then saw listed describes old licences which have now expired, without there being any mention of the currently in-use licence.   Is that what I'm supposed to see?

3 hours ago, MJmusicguy said:

Hi I am little confused about how to utilize the new licensing center as it wont accept my forum email or password

Did you use one or more capital letters for your email address? I did, and I couldn't access my.emsisoft either. Try to write your email address in lower case letters (e.g. [email protected] instead of [email protected] That's what I did and I could then access my.emsisoft.

10 hours ago, MJmusicguy said:

Hi I am little confused about how to utilize the new licensing center as it wont accept my forum email or password

The new My Emsisoft site uses the same logins that our old License Center did. If you didn't have an account for our License Center, then you can create a new account on My Emsisoft and register your license keys with it by clicking on Personal Licenses in the navigation menu on the left, and then clicking the register your license key here link at the bottom.

Note that our forums are made by Invision Power Services (AKA. "IPS") and they have their own separate login/account system, which is why you aren't able to use the same account for both.

2 hours ago, Ken1943 said:

What license center ?

The License Center was our old web-based system for managing your license keys. It was available at cc.emsisoft.com until recently, however now for customers it will simply redirect you to My Emsisoft since that system has replaced the License Center.

What's the License Center (yuck) actually for?   What does using it bring (to Emsisoft, or to a user) that they don't already have when they don't use it?

13 hours ago, GT500 said:

The new My Emsisoft site uses the same logins that our old License Center did. If you didn't have an account for our License Center, then you can create a new account on My Emsisoft and register your license keys with it by clicking on Personal Licenses in the navigation menu on the left, and then clicking the register your license key here link at the bottom.

Note that our forums are made by Invision Power Services (AKA. "IPS") and they have their own separate login/account system, which is why you aren't able to use the same account for both.

The License Center was our old web-based system for managing your license keys. It was available at cc.emsisoft.com until recently, however now for customers it will simply redirect you to My Emsisoft since that system has replaced the License Center.

I dont see a sign uplink for it anywhere currently?

> I dont see a sign uplink for it anywhere currently?

No, but presumably you know the email address you used when you bought your product.  I think all you need to do is plug that in and use the 'forgotten password' link.  Maybe we all have an implicit account even if we don't know it existed?

not working foe me maybe  because when i bought mine i was offerd a personal promo rate at the time either way idlike some way to utlize this 

so for folks with the same question as us apparently the following link is the sign up here https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/account/ given to me by support we really should make it clear   also myemsisoft appears to useful for licence key management for instance If i had not logged i would not have known that i had used my key all 3 times for one PC because of reinstall i was able to clear them

You're right - that's not clear at all...  AND it refers to the old LIcence Center not the new one (though if the account ids are the same, maybe that doesn't matter).  I don't think it's useful for that page to conflate (ie mix up) newsletter subscriptions with LC account registration.

Nor am I at all clear if these newsletters are the same/different from the emails I already get from Emsisoft.

so my take away is my emsisoft is good for license management and adding removing devices   everyone should use it now

current integration is very poor and unclear

it should have nothing to to with subscription email  newsletters 

the sign up link is non exist unless refers to by staff 

17 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

What's the License Center (yuck) actually for?   What does using it bring (to Emsisoft, or to a user) that they don't already have when they don't use it?

For the user, it provided a central place to manage their license keys and their newsletter subscriptions. It was rather nice since, if you forgot your license key, you could just log in and see all of your license keys that you had registered in the License Center.

For Emsisoft, it provided us with a system where we could manage user licenses, among other things.

All of that has been split between different systems now, and My Emsisoft is just for users who want to manage license keys.

7 hours ago, MJmusicguy said:

so my take away is my emsisoft is good for license management and adding removing devices   everyone should use it now

current integration is very poor and unclear

We're still working on My Emsisoft. If you have any suggestions or feedback, then feel free to send an e-mail to feedback@emsisoft.com and our management will read it. I don't believe they generally respond to e-mails received at that address, but they do read them.

it should have nothing to to with subscription email  newsletters

Newsletter subscriptions were always handled by signing up for an account for the License Center, and selecting which newsletters you wanted to receive when you signed up for the account. This allowed an easy way for people to log in and manage which newsletters they were subscribed to. Since My Emsisoft is replacing the License Center, it will be taking over that role as well.

the sign up link is non exist unless refers to by staff 

You can create an account and subscribe to newsletters at the following link:
https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/account/

Note: The mail service we use to send the confirmation e-mails was blacklisted by SORBS on March 9th, so if you sign up right now then you might not receive the confirmation e-mail. You may need to give it a few days for our provider to contact SORBS and get this worked out.

By "manage licences" do you mean anything more than: a user can login and just keep a note of what their licence codes are?    Are there any other features?  Does a user have to add the details of current licences to the system?   [I'm thinking the answer to that is YES, because my account doesn't show my current licence.]    The initial display has 6 entries, two sets of three separate PCs.  There is no information to say what those licences were for, and - to be honest - since they expired almost two years ago, I don't know why they are still listed.     It's not clear what the difference is between the 'Status' column which says for all 6 that they are "not uptodate" and the 'License' column which says they are all expired.

Since I have the emails containing the licence codes, and my own notes about the renewal process, and I can both display my current licence in the EAM GUI and copy it out of the display... I just don't understand what the Licence Centre does for me.  Yes, if I had tens or hundreds of PCs to manage, some app to help me would be useful... but not if I had to populate all the entries myself.  I'd expect to be able to tell you my customer number (or something unique to me) and then see all the licences you'd sold to me and individual machine status.  Otherwise it does nothing (that I can see) that a spreadsheet (or a plain text file) wouldn't do just as easily.   What am I missing?

On 3/10/2018 at 7:48 AM, JeremyNicoll said:

By "manage licences" do you mean anything more than: a user can login and just keep a note of what their licence codes are?    Are there any other features?

In addition to that, there are also options to renew a license and to refer someone else (as in our Referral Rewards program), and of course you can easily see when your license keys expire and whether or not any devices your license keys are in use on are out of date.

Note that our blog article does mention plans to expand the features of the site in the future, so over time we may be adding more functionality, and possibly even refining what is currently offered based on customer feedback.

Does a user have to add the details of current licences to the system?   [I'm thinking the answer to that is YES, because my account doesn't show my current licence.]

This is correct. The system doesn't necessarily know what license keys you own, and doesn't attempt to add any to your account automatically.

The initial display has 6 entries, two sets of three separate PCs.  There is no information to say what those licences were for...

The "Overview" page just shows devices. If you want to see what products you have license keys for, you can click on "Personal Licenses" on the left and it will show them to you.

... since they expired almost two years ago, I don't know why they are still listed.

The system doesn't automatically remove license keys from accounts, even if they are expired. Currently only our support and sales staff can remove license keys from an account.

It's not clear what the difference is between the 'Status' column which says for all 6 that they are "not uptodate" and the 'License' column which says they are all expired.

"Last update" is the time and date the last updates were installed on that device, and of course "Expires" is the date the license key in use on that device expires.

Since I have the emails containing the licence codes, and my own notes about the renewal process, and I can both display my current licence in the EAM GUI and copy it out of the display... I just don't understand what the Licence Centre does for me.

It's there for customers who find it convenient. If you have your own way of managing license keys, then that's fine too. Feel free to manage your license keys however works best for you. The online system has always been optional.

Yes, if I had tens or hundreds of PCs to manage, some app to help me would be useful... but not if I had to populate all the entries myself.

Most customers who have a large number of systems with our software use a multi-seat license key. If you have 100 or more computers and the same license key for all of them, then it's a simple matter of just entering a single license key into My Emsisoft and it adds all of the license seats for you.

If you click on the "Add device" button in My Emsisoft, you'll notice that it brings you to the Emsisoft online store. However, if you click on "Personal Licenses" in the menu on the left and then click on the link to register a license key then you can just add a license key and all seats on that key will be listed (as will all devices that are using that license key).