Nova

cannot connect to malware onion website / cry36 solved?

From last year, I had infected the cry36, and cannot backup the files.

So I tried to contact the poeple who tried to ask us to pay and decrypte the file.

I hadn't pay yet of course.

However, I found those website cannot connected from few weeks ago.

Is that means there's a decryptor for cry36 ? So they shut down the website?

Anyone knows about that?

I've heard nothing about a decrypter for Cry36. It's more likely that the service provider they were abusing shut down their service, or perhaps (hopefully) law enforcement finally caught up with them. If it's the latter, then we may see a decryption tool some time in the future, as law enforcement will often partner with an anti-virus software company when going after such criminals and share the private keys with them so that they can make a decryption tool.

Thank you. I hope it's the second result and the decryption tool can release soon...

On 2018/3/15 at 3:13 PM, GT500 said:

I've heard nothing about a decrypter for Cry36. It's more likely that the service provider they were abusing shut down their service, or perhaps (hopefully) law enforcement finally caught up with them. If it's the latter, then we may see a decryption tool some time in the future, as law enforcement will often partner with an anti-virus software company when going after such criminals and share the private keys with them so that they can make a decryption tool.

23 hours ago, Nova said:

Thank you. I hope it's the second result and the decryption tool can release soon...

If that were the case, then it would certainly be welcome news.

Keep an eye on BleepingComputer's new feed just in case, as they'll almost certainly write an article about a decrypter for Cry36:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/