EdwinLeeuwenkuil

Emsisoft AM and Windows insider

Hi, I'm a Windows insider user and have/had Emsisoft AM as security software on my windows 10 pc. But I noticed that Emsisoft doesn't show up on the security center at all. No other security software that I have tried after that had that problem. So what's up?

In general, we don't pay much attention to the insider builds until they are closing in onto a new RTW. This particular issue will be fixed in the 2018.3 release of EAM so a fix will be available in time before RS4 is officially made available to all users in early April.

Other companies have 10 to 100 times the number of employees we do. Having one person there that fixes bugs in Windows Insider builds isn't much of an issue there. However, us doing that would mean ~30% of all development time disappears to keep a couple of hobbyists happy who use a system that is not intended for use in production systems on their production system. We do include insider builds in our QA runs, so we know if or what is broken so we can fix it in time for a release. But unless something is fundamentally broken, risking system security or stability, we won't fix bugs specific to insider builds before a release to web is close.

• Upvote 2