Speedster159

EAM Mapping Limit

I  just got a error that reads

Mapping limit for this key is reached for today.  Please try again in 24 hours or enter another key.

I can't wait 24 hours and I think what's causing that is the amount of time I'm changing hard drives.. I've been going through our drive checking the integrity of the files.

EDIT: Luckily the test for 30 days option works... BUT! This problem is annoying.

I change drives often since I can only hold 10 drives in my tower and we have way more than that for deep storage.

15 hours ago, Speedster159 said:

... I think what's causing that is the amount of time I'm changing hard drives.. I've been going through our drive checking the integrity of the files.

That's correct, changing hard drives changes the Machine Key that Emsisoft Anti-Malware generates to tell our license system what computer your license key is in use on, and when the Machine Key changes our license system remaps the license key to the new Machine Key. This can only be done 5 times in a single day before the license key is locked out from being remapped again.

The best way to avoid this is to use USB hard drive enclosures, as removable devices don't effect the Machine Key.

Another quicker workaround is to change the update frequency to once ever 6 hours rather than once every hour, that way Emsisoft Anti-Malware can't update more than 4 times in 24 hours and doesn't hit the remapping limit of 5 times in a single day.