Kosmocrat

EAM + SecureAPlus Compatibility

Is there any known compatibility issues between EAM and SecureAPlus?

I'm going to be running it alongside Emsisoft but I wanted to get an opinion on whether they are compatible before I install SecureAPlus.

11 hours ago, Kosmocrat said:

Is there any known compatibility issues between EAM and SecureAPlus?

I don't recall ever hearing about it before, and the information available on it is rather sparse (and most likely outdated). It sounds like a multi-engine Anti-Virus software, but since EAM already has two Anti-Virus engines and a Behavior Blocker I'm not sure what SecureAPlus could protect against that EAM wouldn't already detect (especially once 2018.3 is out of beta).

There are a number of changes "under the hood" that improve compatibility and increase protection. There's a list of the more significant changes in the 2018.3 beta at the following link:
https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/30775/emsisoft-anti-malware-2018-3-beta/

We'll also post an announcement on our main blog (https://blog.emsisoft.com/) with more details about some of the changes once 2018.3 is considered ready for a stable release.

Their website was easy to find on DuckDuckGo, but I wasn't very interested in reading their marketing material. ;)

secure a plus uses multiple scanning engine, it is more type of cloud based scanning engine of various vendors listed under virustotal.com. hence 24 hours internet connectivity is required. if internet connectivity is not available then only database engine of calm av is used as a part of offline scanning, whereas emsisoft is already offering offline database of bitdefender + emsisoft itself.

On 4/1/2018 at 6:28 AM, pupbuster said:

... if internet connectivity is not available then only database engine of calm av is used as a part of offline scanning ...

ClamAV is intended to run on Linux mail servers to scan incoming and outgoing e-mails. It isn't designed to protect Windows systems, and it tends to be rather bad at it.