feature request/ suggestion

@Kevin Zoll @Fabian Wosar @Frank H

2 feature request for emsisoft:

1) emsisoft should offer engine selection option in settings menu, means it should offer whether a customer wants to only use bitdefender engine or emsisoft engine or by default both engine.

2) as of now most of the other av vendors offer contextual scan for more than one folder but it is not available for emsisoft, like if i have two folders and i want to scan them separately/ one after the other, so until i do not completely scanning the first folder i will not be able to do a contextual scan for the second folder , so emsisoft should introduce option for more than one folder scan in terms of contextual scanning.

hi pupbuster,

1) Is there any other AV that offers such feature and what is the sense? both engines are working closely together.
2) you can select multiple folders, open the context menu and start a scan. all selected folders will be scanned

Scan type: 
Objects: D:\dumps, D:\eM Client

@Frank H

1) Qihoo 360 uses bitdefender + avira + it's own engine (offers option to select whether or not to enable bitdefender or avira engine)

Iobit malware fighter uses bitdefender + it's own engine (offers option to select whether or not to enable bitdefender engine)

f-secure uses bitdefender + 3 engine of it's own ( offers option to select whether or not to enable bitdefender  engine)

2) i was asking about right click contextual scan, not inbuilt application folders scan option. like suppose i have 3 folders on desktop, and for example i run a contextual scan on folder 1, then i cannot run contextual scan on folder 2 or folder 3 simultaneously until contextual scan of folder 1 gets completed, whereas in any other antivirus i can run any number of right click contextual scan one after the other. (i hope you got my point)

regards 

If you have 3 folders or files on the desktop you can highlight them all (while holding down the Ctrl key) by clicking on each one, and then right-click on one and scan with EAM. This will scan all 3.

Is this not of use to you?

That is not thing, this request is for feedback, those are something that each and everyone knows. @stapp let me ask you directly why is there no option for directly scanning different folder simultaneously one after the other at the same time, if you would have been from emsisoft you would have been able to answer the question, but it seems you are not so you will not be able to answer, so let the staff respond, because discussing things with you will not make any difference but with staff it will do.

sorry for being harsh, but a simple feedback suggestion is becoming a controversy.

regards 

@pupbuster - If you know you want to scan several folders 'at once' you can certainly ask EAM to do so, as Stapp indicated - and one scan report will show that several folders were examined.    But I think you are asking about something else - once a scan has started being able to ask EAM, before the first scan is complete, either (a) to start other scans, or (b) to add details of other scans to a queue.   The thing is, for (a) all that would acheive is to slow down the rate at which the first scan would run since now two scans would be competing with each other.  And for (b) the effect is no different from you waiting for the first scan to complete then starting another (except perhaps one of convenience).    Why is this such an issue to you?