andrey

About the installation file

Hi all!

Why have now divided the installation files by the bit depth of the operating system and added the combined.exe?

After all, there used to be only one file to install the program!

What is the reason for this?

2018-04-11 19_42_25-Emsisoft _ Anti-Malware_ Lightweight Malware Protection for the Home.jpg
Download Image

No, I was referring to the fact that earlier on the site there was only one installation file, without taking into account the system capacity (32 or 64-bit)

That is, the file was suitable for any operating system! And now-separate files for 32 and 64-bit.

I'm wondering why the division occurred?

Many programs have installation files depending on the system capacity. But EAM for a long time was downloaded automatically without regard to bit depth. Or I'm wrong?

Probably, it's not so important-just interested in changing the installation file on the site! Maybe there is something fundamental in the new versions of the EAM?

Now from the Russian site it is offered to download the binary file, from the English-speaking installer msi. Do I need a second option (screen 2) for a 64-bit system or does it not matter?

2018-04-11 21_26_26-Emsisoft _ Бесплатно скачать антивирус Emsisoft Anti-Malware.jpg
Download Image

2018-04-11 21_28_16-Emsisoft _ Anti-Malware_ Lightweight Malware Protection for the Home.jpg
Download Image

The old combined 32&64 bit installer you are referring to was using InnoSetup installer technology. Unfortunately Innosetup comes with a number of limitations and security concerns so we decided to switch to the more common MSI (Microsoft Installer) platform. MSI, however, does not support combined 32 and 64 bit installers, which is why we had to separate them.

The second thing to mention is that the default download (big button) will now provide a very small web installer that determines the platform and then downloads the correct 32 or 64 bit MSI installer.

You can still download the combined Innosetup version ("Combined EXE") but we can't make any guarantees on how long we will be able to provide it in the future.

• Like 1