Guest

general suggestion

Recommended Posts

Guest

1) Will emsisoft plan to release mac & linux  version with bitdefender engine.

2) eam with bitdefender engine works best for windows, but still eam does not detects 100% of malware when it comes to testing done by av test or av comparatives, maybe because malware database detection(signature based) might be 100% but behaviour blocking seems to be less effective, because bitdefender always scores 100% in test, so this clearly states that it is not only about malware signature updates but also behaviour blocking also that detects malware.

will it be possible in future like emsisoft using emsisoft + bitdefender + introducing any other engine (like kaspersky or eset or norton or trend micro) which will make it a totally robust av software, though bitdefender alone is totally robust.

JUST A SUGGESTION

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 5:56 AM, devilscrisp said:

1) Will emsisoft plan to release mac & linux  version with bitdefender engine.

Was wondering about this as well

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 6:56 AM, pupbuster said:

1) Will emsisoft plan to release mac & linux  version with bitdefender engine.

We don't currently have any plans for additional Operating System support, however note that we don't generally announce new features or changes until there is a publicly available beta version that people can try.

 

On 4/21/2018 at 6:56 AM, pupbuster said:

2) eam with bitdefender engine works best for windows, but still eam does not detects 100% of malware when it comes to testing done by av test or av comparatives, maybe because malware database detection(signature based) might be 100% but behaviour blocking seems to be less effective, because bitdefender always scores 100% in test, so this clearly states that it is not only about malware signature updates but also behaviour blocking also that detects malware.

I would believe that changes in 2018.4 resolved these issues (or at least the vast majority of them), and we expect our AV-Comparatives test results to be better in the next round of testing (assuming they start the testing with 2018.4 and not 2018.3).

 

On 4/21/2018 at 6:56 AM, pupbuster said:

will it be possible in future like emsisoft using emsisoft + bitdefender + introducing any other engine (like kaspersky or eset or norton or trend micro) which will make it a totally robust av software, though bitdefender alone is totally robust.

I don't expect that we'll see any other Anti-Virus engines, or other technology from other Anti-Virus software companies, added to EAM. As far as I'm aware we're fairly happy with BitDefender's engine, and adding more engines would increase resource usage and download sizes far too much. It's better for us to make sure our Behavior Blocker is catching 100% of unknown threats than it is to simply add more Anti-Virus engines hoping that a "shotgun" approach will detect more malware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.