Kris Kick

Emergency Kit Scanner API

Hi Kris Kick, welcome to the forum

Never heard of that, but I can ask the developers for confirmation.

If you want parameters to be passed in order to be more flexible with the calls you can use Command Line Scanner (CLS) , see a2cmd_readme.txt (\Run\ directory)

As for the GUI – passing parameters feature is limited

GUI can accept a scan set as a parameter. You can read this discussion from our old forum

That was tested with EAM and just now with newest EEK, e.g.:

“H:\PortableApps\EEK\Run\a2emergencykit.exe" /c="D:\DATA\My Documents\Anti-Malware\Scansets\Sys32scan.a2s”

Finally, it would be nice if you provide more details explaining what you are trying to achieve using APIs. That can be helpful and the developers may take that into consideration

My regards

I do alot of computer work for my family and friends that involve virus issues. I wanted to write an application that would cut some of my time running multiple scanning systems (emsisoft, clamwin, bitdefender, etc.) by writing an application that will allow one click update and scan for all of the scanning systems and have the scan results pushed to my custom application. I plan on starting my own company soon and if the licenses will let me then use my custom application for that also.

Thank you for such a quick response!

You are welcome. Thank you for the reply

Sure that is laudable that you are developing such Application, but you can save some time ;) because there are several solutions like that already

No intention to discourage you. You can at least use/improve some ideas having prototypes.

That is just a matter of googling in order to find them

As I said mainly those are using the set of Command Line Scanners belonging to the security packages which are providing such service

I know very good Tool, which I tested already. EAM's CLS is included as well

But I have an agreement with the developer not to advertise it yet until his approval.

I should ask him again & I'll post the link “when & if” :)

Meanwhile , as an example you may have a look at the following (not tested by me) AntivirusMulti ; etc.

There are other similar solutions

Another thing to look at is - Anti-Malware Toolkit. That is a bit different but may help to setup on-line scanners available and maintain updates

or

look for multiple CLSes here Virus and how to get rid of it using free Bootable Linux Antivirus CD

My regards

I do alot of computer work for my family and friends that involve virus issues. I wanted to write an application that would cut some of my time running multiple scanning systems (emsisoft, clamwin, bitdefender, etc.) by writing an application that will allow one click update and scan for all of the scanning systems and have the scan results pushed to my custom application. I plan on starting my own company soon and if the licenses will let me then use my custom application for that also.

Thank you for such a quick response!

Hi Kris:

Lynx pinged me to let you know about my Multi-AV Scanning Tool. It is a scripted front-end to; Emsisoft, Avira, Trend Micro and Sophos command line scanners (CLS). It also includes a CLS for Kaspersky but I intend to phase that one out.

http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/sicherheit/35905/multi_av_scanning_tool.html

Lynx and David,

Thank you very much for everything! I checked out Multi-AV and it is great. Thank you both again for all of your help. If there are any API calls that are developed or if an SDK is released please don't forget about me.

Kris

Lynx and David,

Thank you very much for everything! I checked out Multi-AV and it is great. Thank you both again for all of your help. If there are any API calls that are developed or if an SDK is released please don't forget about me.

Kris

Kris:

I am so glad that it is something you can use.

It is malleable in that it is written in the KiXtart interpreted language, a full Win32 console compliant interpreter. However, even though I have the full support of Christian to use the Emsisoft Anti Malware CLS people like me aren't given the keys to kingdom in the form of being given access to API calls. They are ONLY provided to 3rd parties when the original anti malware engine, signature set(s) and/or kernel are provided as an OEM or if they are Open Source projects like ClamAV.