Problem EAM no allow install Windows 10 version 1803 RS4

Same thing has just happened to me, Windows 10 April update 1803 came to my PC and once it started installing would stop at 8% with a complete freeze of the windows user interface, had to hard reset.

After this loop happened a number of times with the same result I quickly disabled EAM after a reboot and before the windows update installation process started. After this the update installation to 1803 completed.

I was running Windows 10 1709 64-Bit and current up-to-date EAM 

31 minutes ago, skyman52 said:

Same thing has just happened to me, Windows 10 April update 1803 came to my PC and once it started installing would stop at 8% with a complete freeze of the windows user interface, had to hard reset.

I was just doing some testing, and it froze at 1% for me.

I'll let QA know, in case they are not already aware.

well updated to v1803 with Realtime protection of EAM switched on, no issues for me.

As a suggestion: I had stable updates on, the people who have faced issue, were they on beta updates or stable updates of EAM.

1 hour ago, pupbuster said:

well updated to v1803 with Realtime protection of EAM switched on, no issues for me.

As a suggestion: I had stable updates on, the people who have faced issue, were they on beta updates or stable updates of EAM.

EAM beta updates here and no problems.

I had exactly the same problem with W10 1803.  The update would get to 5% installed, then the entire system would freeze.  Even the clock stopped running.  After several retries, always with the same result, I tried shutting down EAM before running the update, and then it worked as expected.  I have never previously had to shut down EAM before running a Windows Update, but should I do so in future?

Running Windows 10 64 bit, EAM version 2018.3.1.8572,

Erm, I tried to update with EAM online, but after the restart the updates could not be finished.

I had to roll back to previous version, turn off Emsisoft Anti-Malware and then to do an update via upgrade assistant.

I have 2 PC's and this occurred only on laptop.

13 hours ago, slopes said:

Now the 1803 update has disappeared and windows says it's up to date?

If you visit the following link from a Windows 10 computer, there may be a downloadable tool to assist you with installing the update:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

9 hours ago, Morduus said:

I have 2 PC's and this occurred only on laptop.

Do you know if Emsisoft Anti-Malware had updated to version 2018.4 before installing the April 2018 Update?

Yes, I had EAM 2018.4 as I did the update 2 days ago.

In my case EAM did allow the installation of updates before reboot and then my computer was stuck at 94 percents for around 4 hours, until I had to force a rollback and update again with EAM protection being turned off.