karan

.bip file extensions

My computer is infected with dharma ransomware and it has encrypted files with the file extensions of .bip. Can someone please help me with the decryption process.

From the file extension, I would believe this is a newer version of Dharma that can't be decrypted at the moment.

In the case of ransomware like this, which uses secure encryption and generates new public/private keys for every computer it infects, usually there is no way to decrypt the files without getting the private key from the criminals who made the ransomware. You can try a tool such as ShadowExplorer, however ransomware like this usually deletes Volume Shadow Copies, so ShadowExplorer will usually find nothing. Even if the Volume Shadow Copies were not deleted, the odds of finding backup copies of files in them is pretty slim, since Windows would normally only leave backup copies of files in the Volume Shadow Copies if you were using Microsoft's own backup software for data backups (although sometimes the System Restore will save copies of files in the Volume Shadow Copies).
http://www.shadowexplorer.com/

In cases where the Volume Shadow Copies are deleted, then note that ransomware doesn't generally delete them securely, so it might be possible to use a file undelete utility to undelete the old Volume Shadow Copies, and then use ShadowExplorer to recover files, however this isn't necessarily straightforward to do (the computer will need to be running from a bootable disk to have write access to the "System Volume Information" folder, or the hard drive will need to be connected to another computer), and even if you can recover the old Volume Shadow Copies, as mentioned above the odds of there being backup copies of important files in them are low to begin with. Note that you may need to find a local computer technician who can assist you with this if you do want to try it.

Here's a link to a list of file recovery tools at Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_data_recovery_software#File_Recovery

2 hours ago, SeGaL said:

hello , i have the same problem , all my files is [email protected]].bip , any help please?

thank you very much

Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done without first obtaining the private key from the criminals who made/distributed the ransomware.

Hello, i have same problem.  And i found virus source file on computer "0708.exe" , witch infected my computer.  Bad news  with :  shadowexplorer , when i try run it , i event disk volume cant see. 

We may already have a copy of this particular ransomware, however if you would like to submit it to us then feel free to upload it to VirusTotal, and then paste the link to the analysis in a reply:
https://www.virustotal.com/

Hello,
I just got hit by this ransomware (Filecoder.Crysis.P) managed stop process (1host.exe) in middle so have some  files in encrypted and unencrypted form, is there a way to get key from it (to decrypt rest of files)?

O.

ransom-encrypted.zip

With Dharma I would believe the private key never leaves the server of the criminals who made/distributed the ransomware, so the only way to get your hands on it is to get it from the criminals themselves. Using unencrypted copies of files to guess the private key is essentially a "brute force" attack, and with the type of encryption and key size that Dharma uses it would take hundreds (if not thousands) of years to brute force the private key even using the most powerful supercomputer available today.

Isn't it that easy attack has it's own private key which is generate by virus itself and send to CC server of criminals? Couldn't this process be replicated? If you want I can upload virus itself somewhere - I didn't want attach it to public forum.

Or there is some global key and if someone pay ransom, key could be used for decrypt anyone?

Many ransomwares generate the keys on the server that stores them, and the private key never leaves the server. Regardless of whether or not Dharma works this way, note that if there was a way to recover the private key then we would have made a free decryption tool for it.

Most ransomware that uses the Windows Cryptographic Service to generate the public/private keys will securely delete that data after sending it to their server. Unless you were saving a packet capture when the private key was transmitted, and the key was sent over an insecure (unencrypted) connection, then there is no way to "harvest" it.