HAWKI

Does setting WiFi to Metered Connection cause any problems with EAM?

Hello :-)

Win 1083 Spring Update has been causing issues on my PC.

I use WIN 10 Home so to try to try to prevent prevent WIN 1083 from downloading I have marked my network setting to "Metered Connection."

Will a Metered Connection interfere in any way with EAM updates/operation/downloads?

As I understand it, third-party apps can read that setting and modify their own data usage if they want to. There are no system enforced data restrictions when that setting is on, and EAM ignores that setting. Updates in EAM should remain unaffected while it is on.

Hawki - if you have a 'firewall router' between your pc and the internet connection then it might offer bandwidth limiting for either the whole LAN or for specified attached devices.

14 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Hawki - if you have a 'firewall router' between your pc and the internet connection then it might offer bandwidth limiting for either the whole LAN or for specified attached devices.

I don't think he's concerned about bandwidth usage, he just doesn't want the April 2018 Update (1803) to install again. Turning on the "Metered Connection" option in Windows 10 is supposed to prevent Windows from automatically downloading and installing a large update like this.

If you can get the iso on a flash stick, it may install ok. Been known since XP that Windows Update may read you computer wrong which

will make any upgrade/update fail.