Program won't uninstall

I recently downloaded Emsisoft Anti-Malware and I want to uninstall it. However I have had a problem as it won't uninstall, even with forced uninstall on my revo uninstaller pro. I get the following message, Runtime Error (at 83:1508): Uninstall is failed. (Error 'Uninstall is failed. (a2Antimalware is not uninstalled)' occurred).

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

First and foremost, never use a third-party uninstall tool like Revo Uninstaller to remove our products. Emsisoft Anti-Malware uses a disk filter driver, and if the uninstall tool removes the driver or the service that loads it without also removing the entry from UpperFilters for the driver then your system will BSoD on startup (even for Safe Mode), and you will have to manually edit the registry from within the Recovery Environment to repair it.

The best uninstall tool for Emsisoft Anti-Malware is sitting right inside the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder (usually C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware), and it's called EmsiClean. I recommend copying it to your desktop before running it. Note that it expects Emsisoft Anti-Malware to be uninstalled using the uninstaller first, so you may need to run it from Safe Mode. You can use it while Windows is running normally, however you will need to run it more than once for it to remove everything, and you will need to restart your computer after every time you run it. The easiest way to tell if it was able to remove everything is to simply run it again after restarting, and see if it detects any traces of Emsisoft Anti-Malware (it should say something about "no traces found" if everything was removed).

Note: The issue may simply be related to not have restarted the computer since you've installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and the uninstaller may work normally after you restart. Feel free to try a restart and let us know if it helps.

image.png