Advised to Post Here by Emsisoft on Line Submission

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Save as Combo-Fix.exe during the download. ComboFix must be renamed before you download to your Desktop

Link 1

Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save Combo-Fix to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
    See HERE for help
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

RcAuto1.gif

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

whatnext.png

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, ComboFix will produce a log.

Note:

1. Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall!

2. Remember to re-enable your anti-virus and anti-spyware before reconnecting to the Internet.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Attach logs for:

• ComboFix (C:\combofix.txt)

Let me know of any problems you may have encountered with the above instructions and also let me know how things are running now!

did not go well I had trouble downloading the scanner a message "their is already a version of same program all ready in file " so I renamed it and download went along fine when I tried to run it I was informed I was no longer the admin "no Privlages" and can not rename etc also every time I try to use a link or start Iexpoler I get a RuntimE

error 217 @ 02B8378B

Download MBRCheck.exe to your desktop.

• Be sure to disable your security programs
  • Double click on the file to run it (Vista and Windows 7 users will have to confirm the UAC prompt)
  • A window will open on your desktop
  • if an unknown bootcode is found you will have further options available to you, at this time press N then press Enter twice.
  • If nothing unusual is found just press Enter
  • A .txt file named MBRCheck_mm.dd.yy_hh.mm.ss should appear on your desktop.
  • Attach that file.

Hello Shadow: I see i am in the middle of somthing very TECH. I am a retired and became a malware fighter of sorts ,have learned about with extensive study over 5 years and this fight that is ongoing I do not want to Stop so if you are willing so am I ...I have nurmous L ogs etc.That being said here is the log you asked for

MBRCheck is having problems reading the Master Boot Record. That implies a couple things. 1) There is a MBR RootKit interfering with all detection tools or 2) the HDD is failing.

Your options are to 1) write a new MBR and perform a clean install of the Operating System or 2) purchase a new HDD and reinstall the Operating System.

I have been fighting with the cancer and think I have a upper hand. I have 3 logs , 2 virus/info and 1 virus cure Zips I will attach them mabey you could have a look and see what you think...I know I will have to format and reinstall but I would like as much info as I can as I think I know where it came from and any help would be apprecated..Thank You PuterDude

I like the looks of the AVZ log much better.

OK, we have to do a little cleanup of removal tools before we continue.

Clean up with OTL:

• Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
  • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
  • On the OTL main screen, press the CLEANUP button
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Save as Combo-Fix.exe during the download. ComboFix must be renamed before you download to your Desktop

Link 1

Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save Combo-Fix to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
    See HERE for help
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

RcAuto1.gif

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

whatnext.png

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, ComboFix will produce a log.

Note:

1. Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall!

2. Remember to re-enable your anti-virus and anti-spyware before reconnecting to the Internet.

Attach logs for:

• ComboFix (C:\combofix.txt)
  • ISeeYouXP

Let me know of any problems you may have encountered with the above instructions and also let me know how things are running now!

May I say Thank You Once More: Ok, I ran OTL Clean up, Had to reboot Manually, downloaded ComboFix as combo-fix tried to run "file corrupted" downloaded once more as combo-fix1, tried to run "Info Ballon" stating "32788R22FW\hidec.exe","Not enough Quota is available to process this command" Have 3 coppies of combofix with different names on desktop, I have, "SmitRem" also "dds" , "MBR" , "I SEE YOU XP" which I can not run because of permission's, I have "ThreatFire and Comodo Firewall and Internet Sec" Running when not running scanners or fixes if told not to...Their are logs for all I believe.

Is there any way to get my ADMIN rights back as I can not get to any area that might help and do not know what to look for. "Control Panel I don not have access to "ADD and Remove" or " Add or Remove Users"" Proper name eludes me at the moment...I have an MBR Log I will attach ...If their is any way to get ADMIN back That would be GREAT...Thank You for your Valuable Time....You will not be dissapointed...!

OK here is LOG ran as asked..may be from "Stop all user hooks on AVZ" which I used to gain some control! I have that log but I had to open zip to use it would you like me to attach it next post. If all fails in our endevor is I would like do donate this drive for study as I am sure that it could help in your Quest? I ran it twice both the same.

Ok but one question is their anyway too get my ADMIN rights back as I want to run Combo fix so if there is some way a script or somthing as I am going to tearing away at some of these files I have littered about on this computer.ALSO THANK YOU for your Expertise and Valuable Time that you have spent with me "ShadowPuterDude" I have Learned a little and Lost Not...I will be back more than likley as I Travel through cyber-space FINDING and FIGHTING Malware/Virus's...

so anyway whoever's on the otherside of this computer will soon lose ....!!

ADMIN RIGHTS CAN I GET THEM BACK.....SHADOW

TKS AGAIN: MalwareCheepShot

Your system is "sandboxed", which may explain why we are having some of the problems we are experiencing.

I want you to uninstall the following: Comodo Firewall, Comodo Sandbox, Threatfire, and Internet Sec. Leave only your active Antivirus software in place.

Once you have done that let me know, and I'll post further instructions.

Ok I have removed all anti-virus + all comodo except the snap-shot restore standalone backup unless you tell me otherwise at this moment I am on a CLEAN COMPUTER and have access for futher work so if their is any thing I can download and use disk or flash if needed I also removed a couple of other problem programs. The only program as far as av is emsisoft items. I also ran driver verifyer have logs I believe . There were numerous unsigned , some of which I removed as , All the signed driver,s ,the majority of which were 'WINDOWS NT', also "LONGHORN" , I can not rem the directories and such shown when using the command prompt but they are not what normal would be with WINDOWS XP,Sp3.....so that is what I know and think I shut him off with temp files or hidden, maybe.

Thank You: CSM

1. Run MBRCheck.exe
  2. Wait until you see the following line: Enter 'Y' and hit ENTER for more options, or 'N' to exit:
  3. Please push the 'Y' key and then press Enter
  4. When program ask you Enter your choice: enter 2 and press the Enter key
  5. Now the program will ask you "Enter the physical disk number to fix (0-99, -1 to cancel):"
  6. Enter 0 and press the Enter key.
  7. The program will show Available MBR codes:, followed by a list of operating systems.
    • Enter 1 for Windows XP
    • Enter 2 for Windows 2003
    • Enter 3 for Windows Vista
    • Enter 4 for Windows 2008
    • Enter 5 for Windows 7

and then press Enter.

[*]The program will prompt for confirmation. Type 'YES' and hit Enter.

[*]Left click on the title bar (where program name and path is written).

[*]From menu chose Edit -> Select All

[*]Hit the Enter key on your keyboard to copy selected text.

[*]Paste that text into Notepad, save it to your desktop as "MBRCheck results.txt"

[*]Important! Restart your PC for the fix to take effect.

[*]Attach the New MBRCheck results log

YES I KNOW....A little something befor I run those for you. I have been working on this for about five years "where it comes from" and " how the infection comes about" as all processes are legal , drivers signed , etc. This Infection is almost never presued as the complexity of it...any "Forged Sec. cert." with Prgms within computer for excel etc. if interested contact me ...TKS PuterDude

Something is still locking out the MBR from being read.

Download and Run Scan with GMER

We will use GMER to scan for rootkits.

• Please download GMER from one of the following locations, and save it to your desktop:
    • Main Mirror
      This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
    • Zip Mirror
      Alternate Zip Mirror 2
      Alternate Zip Mirror 3
      This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop. Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.

[*]Double click gmerRandomIcon.png or gmerDesktopIcon.png on your desktop. If you are using Vista, please right-click and select run as administrator

[*]When you have done this, close all running programs.

There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.

[*]Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.

If it detects rootkit activity, you will receive a prompt to run a full scan. Click NO.

• In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Please UNCHECK the following:
    • Sections
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show all (Don't miss this one!)

[*]Click on btnScan.png and wait for the scan to finish.

[*]If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.

[*]Push btnSave.png and save the logfile to your desktop.

[*]Attach the GMER log.

If GMER doesn't work in Normal Mode try running it in Safe Mode

Note: Do Not run any program while GMER is running

*Note*: Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any actions on <--- ROOKIT entries

OK this may help alot I hope...GMER LOG ran as you described is attached I tried to upload and it says file too big WHAT TO DO.

Hi MalwareCheapShot,

Create compressed archive (ZIP or RAR) & attach it

My regards

IMHO Comodo is responsible for all this:

---- Services - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Service         C:\Program Files\a-squared Free\a2service.exe (*** hidden *** )	[AUTO]	a2free	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (*** hidden *** )	[DISABLED]	Alerter	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (*** hidden *** )	[AUTO] 	Browser	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\ComboFix\catchme.sys (*** hidden *** )	[MANUAL] 	catchme	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe (*** hidden *** )	[AUTO] cmdAgent	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         System32\DRIVERS\cmderd.sys (*** hidden *** )	[sYSTEM] cmderd	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         System32\DRIVERS\cmdguard.sys (*** hidden *** )	[sYSTEM] cmdGuard	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         System32\DRIVERS\cmdhlp.sys (*** hidden *** )	[sYSTEM] cmdHlp	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         System32\DRIVERS\inspect.sys (*** hidden *** )	[bOOT] Inspect	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (*** hidden *** )	[AUTO] lanmanworkstation	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\Program Files\McAfee Security Scan\2.0.181\McCHSvc.exe (*** hidden *** )	[MANUAL] McComponentHostService	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (*** hidden *** )	[DISABLED] Messenger	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys (*** hidden *** )	[sYSTEM] MRxSmb	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys (*** hidden *** )	[sYSTEM] NetBIOS	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (*** hidden *** )	[MANUAL] Netlogon	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\Program Files\Nitro PDF\Reader\NitroPDFReaderDriverService.exe (*** hidden *** )	[AUTO] NitroReaderDriverReadSpool	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (*** hidden *** )	[MANUAL] NtLmSsp	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (*** hidden *** )	[AUTO] NWCWorkstation	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkipx.sys (*** hidden *** )	[AUTO] NwlnkIpx	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnknb.sys (*** hidden *** )	[AUTO] NwlnkNb	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkspx.sys (*** hidden *** )	[AUTO] NwlnkSpx	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwrdr.sys (*** hidden *** )	[MANUAL] NWRDR	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys (*** hidden *** )	[MANUAL] PSched	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys (*** hidden *** )	[sYSTEM] Rdbss	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\locator.exe (*** hidden *** )	[MANUAL] RpcLocator	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         system32\drivers\TfFsMon.sys (*** hidden *** )	[bOOT] TfFsMon 	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TfNetMon.sys (*** hidden *** )	[MANUAL] TfNetMon	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         system32\drivers\TfSysMon.sys (*** hidden *** )	[bOOT] TfSysMon	<-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service         C:\Program (*** hidden *** )	[AUTO] ThreatFire	<-- ROOTKIT !!!

Comodo needs to be completely removed from the system.

Once that is done attach a new GMER log.

Well here is what happined. I removed COMODO...Ran GMER would not Run all the way theie was a blank square on top of graphical portion of program...So I went to Safe mode samething happined....Rebooted into Safe mode with Net working..Ran GMER samething But instead of quiting I Unmarked the box's as requested and pushed scan button...when finished same white box over graphical "I think the white box was the Popup stating what to do next ..Like scan found rootkit os something like that ..so I pushed Save and HERE IS THE LOG...Thank You...I just ran again so here is another log

I'm pretty sure COMODO is a huge part of the problem you were experiencing. The ComboFix log is no longer showing RootKit like activity.

Run AVZ and update it. Then attach a fresh AVZ log. Refer back to the earlier instructions, in this thread, if you need to.

OK, things are looking much better. However, we aren't there yet.

Close all windows then double click on AVZ.exe

• Click File > Custom scripts
  • Copy & paste the contents of the following codebox in the box in the program
    begin
    SetAVZGuardStatus(True);
    SearchRootkit(true, true);
    DeleteFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsSip1.dll');
    DeleteFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsSip2.dll');
    DeleteFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsSip3.dll');
    RegKeyParamDel('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE','SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinTrust\SubjectPackages\MS Subjects 3','$DLL');
    RegKeyParamDel('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE','SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinTrust\SubjectPackages\MS Subjects 2','$DLL');
    RegKeyParamDel('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE','SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinTrust\SubjectPackages\MS Subjects 1','$DLL');
    ExecuteSysClean;
    RebootWindows(true);
    end.

• Note: When you run the script, your PC will be restarted
  • Click Run
  • Restart your PC if it doesn't do it automatically.

Attach a fresh AVZ log.

Looking much better. We are getting somewhere.

Takes a long time to go from windows XP music to the desk top

Could just be a coincidence or a side affect of the cleaning process.
I have turned off some auto start items when we started does that matter.....?

I normally want all start items active and loading at Windows Startup. THat way I can see them and make better decisions based on what is running.

OK, Let's give MBRCheck another run.

Attach a fresh log from MBRCheck.

Run OTL.exe

• Copy/paste the following text written inside of the code box into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL
    :Files
    C:\WINDOWS\*.tmp
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\*.tmp

:Commands
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [start explorer]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot when it is done
  • Attach the new log produced by OTL

Could be any number of things causing slow startups. Security software and the number of programs loading at startup are the things that impact Windows startup times the most.

Your logs look fine.

Unless you are having problems from Malware it is time to do the final steps.

Now to remove most of the tools that we have used in fixing your machine:

• Make sure you have an Internet Connection.
  • Download OTC to your desktop and run it
  • A list of tool components used in the cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
  • If your Firewall or Real Time protection attempts to block OTC to reach the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
  • Click Yes to begin the cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

Delete everything in C:\!KillBox (If I didn't have you use KillBox, then this won't be present)

Delete the following from your Desktop (If they exist)

Avenger.exe

Avenger.txt

Avenger.zip

CFscript.txt

dds.scr

dds.pif

DisableAutoRuns.reg

fixes.bat

FixMe.reg

FixReg.reg

ISeeYouXP.exe

ISeeYouXP.lnk

ISeeYouXP.txt

Win32kDiag.exe

Win32kDiag.txt

Anything else I had you use

Delete the following files: (If they exist)

C:\Avenger.txt

C:\ComboFix.txt

Delete the following folders: (If they exist)

C:\Avenger

C:\AvoidTDSS

C:\ComboFix

C:\SDFix

C:\Qoobox

Empty the Recycle Bin

Run CCleaner

Turn off System restore to flush all your restore points then turn system restore back on. See How To Enable and Disable System Restore.

Inside the ISeeYouXP folder, locate and double-click HideIT.bat (C:\ISeeYouXP\HideIT.bat). This will return viewing of Hidden and System Files and Folders to the default settings.

Delete C:\ISeeYouXP

You can delete and uninstall any programs I had you download, that you do not wish to keep on the system.

Run Windows Update and update your Windows Operating System.

Run the Secunia Online Software Inspector, this will inspect your system for software that is out-of-date and in need of updating. Update anything program/application detected as being out-dated.

Articles to read:

How to Protect Your Computer From Malware

How to keep you and your Windows PC happy

Web, email, chat, password and kids safety

10 Sources of Malware Infections

That should take care of everything.

Safe Surfing!

Thread Closed

Reason: Resolved

The procedures contained in this thread are for this user and this user only. Attempting to use the instructions in this thread on your system could result in damaging the Operating System beyond repair. Do Not use any of the tools mentioned in this thread without the supervision of a Malware Removal Specialist.

All posters requesting Malware Removal assistance are required to follow all procedures in the thread titled START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread

Español

Tema cerrado

Razón: Resuelto

Los procedimientos contenidos en este tema son para este usuario y este usuario solamente. Intentando seguir las instrucciones de este tema en su sistema podría resultar en daños en el sistema operativo más allá de reparación. No utilizar cualquiera de las herramientas mencionadas en este tema sin la supervisión de un especialista en eliminación de malware.

Todos los carteles solicitando la asistencia de eliminación de malware están obligados a seguir todos los procedimientos en el hilo titulado Empiece aquí, y si no nos vamos a enviar de vuelta a este hilo

Deutsch

Thema geschlossen

Grund: Aufgelöst

Die Verfahren in diesem Thread enthalten sind für den Benutzer und dieser Benutzer. Der Versuch, die Anweisungen in diesem Thread auf Ihrem System benutzen könnte zu einer Beschädigung des Betriebssystems nicht mehr zu reparieren führen. Verwenden Sie keine der Tools in diesem Thread ohne Aufsicht eines Malware Removal Specialist erwähnt.

Alle Poster ersuchenden Malware Removal Unterstützung sind erforderlich, um alle Verfahren in dem Thread mit dem Titel folgen START HIER, wenn Sie nicht sind wir nur gehen Sie zurück an diesen Thread

Français

Discussion fermée

Motif: Résolu

Les procédures contenues dans ce fil sont pour cet utilisateur et ce seul utilisateur. Essayez d'utiliser les instructions de ce fil sur votre système pourrait endommager le système d'exploitation au-delà de la réparation. Ne pas utiliser l'un des outils mentionnés dans ce fil sans la supervision d'un spécialiste de suppression de programmes malveillants.

Toutes les affiches demandant Malware aide au déménagement sont tenus de suivre toutes les procédures dans le thread intitulé start Ici, si vous n'aimez pas, nous allons nous contenter de vous renvoyer à ce fil

Italiana

Discussione chiusa

Motivo: Risolto

Le procedure contenute in questo thread sono per questo utente e solo a questo utente. Il tentativo di utilizzare le istruzioni in questo thread sul vostro sistema potrebbe causare danni al sistema operativo al di là di riparazione. Non utilizzare uno degli strumenti citati in questo thread, senza la supervisione di un Malware Removal Specialist.

Tutti i poster richiesta di rimozione malware di assistenza sono tenuti a seguire tutte le procedure nel thread intitolato START QUI, se non ci sono solo andare a mandare indietro a questo thread

Nederlandse

Thread Closed

Reden: Opgelost

De procedures die in deze draad zijn voor deze gebruiker en deze gebruiker. Proberen om de instructies te gebruiken in deze thread op uw systeem zou kunnen leiden tot beschadiging van het besturingssysteem niet meer te repareren. Geen gebruik maken van een van de instrumenten genoemd in deze draad, zonder toezicht van een Malware Removal Specialist.

Alle posters verzoekende Malware Removal bijstand nodig zijn om alle procedures in de thread met de titel START HIER volgen, als je niet we zijn gewoon aan u terug te sturen naar deze draad

Polska

Wątek zamknięty

Powód: Rozwiązane

Procedury zawarte w tym wątku są dla tego użytkownika i to użytkownika. Próba użycia instrukcji w tym wątku na komputerze może doprowadzić do uszkodzenia systemu operacyjnego naprawić. Nie używać żadnych narzędzi, o których mowa w tym wątku bez nadzoru Malware Removal Specialist.

Wszystkie plakaty wniosek Malware Removal pomocy są zobowiązane do przestrzegania wszystkich procedur w wątku pt START HERE, jeśli nie jesteśmy po prostu się wysłać z powrotem do tego wątku