bellgamin

I aborted payment for subscription

THIS page states:

August Special 25% off Emsisoft Anti-Malware 1 PC/1 Year

Based on that offer, I initiated purchase. The process began with a price of $29.95 for 1PC/1 yr. After I filled in the form with my personal information, and after I went on to log into PayPal, the price remained at $29.95 -- no 25% discount! So I aborted. VERY disappointing! 🙁

If the discount was to be applied AFTER I had agreed to pay $29.95 on PayPal, that is very poor website design. Who would agree to pay full price in the unsupported hope that a discount might later be applied? Not me... my accountant would have a fit if I did.

Either Emsisoft needs to delete a non-existent discount or improve its website's design.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LATER TODAY: I just received an email from Cleverbridge, with a Cleverbridge reference number, PLUS an invoice for the full price of $29.95 for EAM, together with a request for payment. This email includes the statement: "As soon as we have received your payment, we will deliver Emsisoft Anti-Malware to you." There is no mention of a 25% discount. I suppose this email billing ensued because I aborted the ordering process when I would have had to authorize PayPal to make a payment of an undiscounted $29.95. 

Looking at my notes of what I've paid for licences, over the years (in GBP rather than USD), I'd suggest that the full price is $40 and thus $29.99 IS the discounted price.

If "your accountant" would "have a fit" over a matter of $7-10 then all I can say is that the poor soul must have a very stressful existence.

Actually, the poor old soul can have a fit over a dime. I suppose that is what she is paid to do, but not by me. Technically, therefore, she is not exactly "my" accountant -- merely the person who doesn't like to see money spent on intangibles, whether by me or anyone else. As the CFO says: she has kept us liquid -- for slightly longer than 40 years, so far.

If $29.95 is the already-discounted price, then that fact is totally undisclosed by the order-processing website.

Dear bellgamin,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please excuse the confusion. The base price for a new 1-PC 1-year license key for Emsisoft Anti-Malware is US$ 39.95.

Sorry that we've missed communicating this fact properly via our website. I'll inform my colleagues about the problem and your feedback.

If you have placed an order but not finished the payment process, then the order stays unfinished in the system. If you let me know the Cleverbridge reference number which you should have received from our e-commerce partner we can cancel your order for you. Please contact me via private message (PM) here in the forum or per email to [email protected]

Thank you for your interest in our security software solutions, should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Mr. Ott --- Thank you very much! Cancellation is unnecessary. I have completed the purchase. All I needed was a clear understanding of the original VS discounted prices. I do hope you add that information to your website.

Grace and peace to all,
Bill in Hawaii