stapp

PENDING BB size request

Win 10  EAM 8843

I have fast start disabled and I shut down machine each night.

Each morning I then have to resize the BB list (via little drag down thing in bottom right corner)  so I can see lots of items at once.

I would like the BB list to remember my setting for it over a Windows shutdown and startup.

On 8/21/2018 at 12:02 AM, stapp said:

Win 10  EAM 8843

I have fast start disabled and I shut down machine each night.

Each morning I then have to resize the BB list (via little drag down thing in bottom right corner)  so I can see lots of items at once.

I would like the BB list to remember my setting for it over a Windows shutdown and startup.

make that two requests - it'd be a nice QoL improvement, imo

8 hours ago, Frank H said:

as we value you as a tester i'll see what i can do :P

Well as you are in a good mood Frank I will add a further request :)

When you open the Protection area of the GUI it looks like the GUI has been left out in the sun too long.. the text is light grey and sort of faded looking.

Is this Emsisoft's response to global warming?

Can we not have defined black text like the column headers Process..Description... etc. ?

@m0unds

Thanks for your support :)

> the text is light grey and sort of faded looking.

It's probably meant to be "trendy".   Washed-out text on a light background is hard for people with poor sight to read.  Perhaps Emsisoft should remember that not every user is a spring chicken. 

And, I know that the GUI isn't a website, but the W3C guidelines for making similarly-presented text easily readable are worth a read; see: https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG/

thanks for the feedback guys.

We're currently applying some changes to the GUI, so I suggest you guys wait with feedback after we released 2018.8 beta which is scheduled for next week.

In the EAM 'About'pane it says you use "Sciter Engine"  Only yesterday I looked to see what that was... and it implies that the GUI might be written in a sort of html.  If that's so, is there any way that a user could use a CSS file to influence what the GUI looks like?

If that's so, is there any way that a user could use a CSS file to influence what the GUI looks like?

Would be fun, right ? Nah, the css + html is compiled in our code. There is now way for a user to change that.

• Upvote 1